Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katzndogz36
Level 7

Using an enhanced remote instead if the **bleep** one that came with Roku tv

I have an older Ultra and LOVE the headphone jack on the remote. I like the weight of the remote. Generally I like the remote. Just upgraded to a Roku tv and the remote that came with it is a cheap POS. The buttons stick. It’s light weight and very cheap feeling. Disappointed to say the least. Can I use the Ultra remote with the Roku tv?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Using an enhanced remote instead if the **bleep** one that came with Roku tv

Check the remote menu under settings and see if there's an option to set up a new device. If there is, then your TV supports a WiFi Direct remote. I can't say if the Ultra remote would pair, but Roku does sell a voice remote for the Roku TVs: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Using an enhanced remote instead if the **bleep** one that came with Roku tv

It will pair with roku tv, and all keys will work, but only certain models of roku tv work with headphone jack on the remote. You will only know until you try it. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos