Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Streambar as a center channel speaker in an existing A/V setup

Jump to solution

Hello,

Is it possible to use the Streambar as a center channel speaker in an existing 5.1 A/V setup (not Roku wireless speakers)? Current setup uses a Roku Ultra connected to a Pioneer receiver via HDMI and the Receiver HDMI out to the TV. I would like to replace the center channel speaker (and the Roku Ultra) with the Streambar, so the Streambar would be connected (if possible) to the Pioneer Receiver as the center channel speaker. You may ask why I want to do this when I have a functioning system. The center channel speaker I have currently is too high to be placed in the center of the TV stand, so it sits behind the TV which makes it difficult to hear what is being played on the center channel speaker (usually dialogue). I have a Streambar that does not get much use, so I want to swap it with the Ultra.

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Use Streambar as a center channel speaker in an existing A/V setup

Jump to solution

I don't think that's possible.  From what I've observed with the Streambar is that you don't get audio out of it via the HDMI connection, so connecting it to your receiver wouldn't produce audio from anything else connected to the receiver.  I don't have an AVR to connect it to, so that's just what I've observed with it connected to a TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Use Streambar as a center channel speaker in an existing A/V setup

Jump to solution

I don't think that's possible.  From what I've observed with the Streambar is that you don't get audio out of it via the HDMI connection, so connecting it to your receiver wouldn't produce audio from anything else connected to the receiver.  I don't have an AVR to connect it to, so that's just what I've observed with it connected to a TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos