Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usb led lights

So my roommate has the usb powered rgb led lights plugged in and on the back of his tv. Why does the usb port continue to get power even after the tv is turned off? And help would be appreciated 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Usb led lights

Its upto the brand and model of tv if the usb stays powered or not. A tv turned off by remote isn't truly off its in standby, it has to be in a state to accept the remote on command. Only truly way to have a tv off is to unplug it from the wall. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Usb led lights

And to add, most modern TV's don't even have a deep sleep mode anymore, or most users do not enable it. In deep sleep, only the remote will wake it up. Most TV's just go into idle and are still Internet connected and similar. Depending on the TV, that can be quite alot of power. My 2010 TV uses only 0.17W in deep sleep, but around 15W in normal standby (manual calls it DAM - Data Acquisition Mode) and 125W when on.

DonByars

I am really surprised that such LED lamps exist...

Even if the TV is off but still plugged in, it's easy to explain. The TV is still getting power from the outlet and thus does not stop charging the USB port. I had a situation where I wanted to turn off https://www.amazon.com/car-lights-car-led-lights/dp/B09L86JRRM from the power and put my laptop in sleep mode( it was running the strip through the USB cable), but the LED strip kept lightning, and I didn't understand why. It stopped lighting only after I totally turned off the laptop.

0 Kudos