Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Takeya

Updating Software Screen for4 5 months

My Roku TV was stuck on an updating software screen a few months ago.  I was told to leave it be and let it just update without interruption.  So I took an AC backup, the tv and in an unused room in the house and  I connected everything up and let the TV sit there undisturebed on the Updating Software screen.  It's been almost 6 months now and it's still on that screen with continuous power as well as constant wifi connectivity.  When will the update it is needing be pushed through?  I would really like to reuse the TV it is on since it was only 3 months old at the time.  When will Roku be pushing the newest update for my TV to finally be updated?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Updating Software Screen for4 5 months

Hello @Takeya,

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. 

We suggest performing a factory reset on your Roku TV to see if that resolves the issue.

Perform the following steps with your Roku remote or the Roku mobile app.

-Press Home on your Roku remote
-Scroll and select Settings
-Select System
-Select Advanced system settings
-Select Factory reset
-If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move to the next step.
-Follow the on-screen instructions

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku® streaming device

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos