Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DillonLHeureux
Reel Rookie

Unwanted apps from other tv

Jump to solution

Why is it when I install or delete an app it does it to both TVs?

One tv is on the kids play room for the kids to play their games and shows and one in the living room for us adults, but I don’t want the kids games on the living room tv.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Unwanted apps from other tv

Jump to solution

Apps on the Roku platform are account associated not device associated, so if you add/remove an app on one device, it add/removes it from all devices on the account.

You'll need to create separate accounts for different devices if you want to maintain different app installs for them.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Apps on the Roku platform are account associated not device associated, so if you add/remove an app on one device, it add/removes it from all devices on the account.

You'll need to create separate accounts for different devices if you want to maintain different app installs for them.

0 Kudos
DillonLHeureux
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How do you make an account on a RCA Smart tv?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You dont - you make your Roku accounts at Roku.com.  You'll have to make a new account with a different email address.

You'll need to remove one of your devices from your current Roku account, which is in effect a factory reset - you'll need to re-activate it using the new account/different email address, and re-add all the apps you want, and re-authenticate them.

At that point you'll have two accounts and one device on each account, and therefore separate app installs for each.

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@DillonLHeureux 

Let me add to what @StreamerUser said.

If you want different lineups on the different Roku devices, you need two accounts. That's easy enough.

However, here's where it gets tricky.

Roku lets you subscribe to content through Roku Pay, on the device, and charges the payment method that's tied to the account. Which means you should ensure you have a PIN set up on the accounts. You don't want the kids accidentally subscribing to something.

The other thing is that if you run a multiple Roku account setup, do not subscribe to anything through Roku. Let me repeat that: do not subscribe to anything through Roku.

Roku subscriptions are tied to the Roku account. For example, if you subscribe to Netflix through Roku, you can only use Netlfix on a Roku device tied to your Roku account. That means it wouldn't be available on the kids' Roku.

To solve that, subscribe to the service directly. For Netlfix, simply subscribe at Netflix Website, and use the credentials to log in on Roku (or any device). Don't subscribe on the Roku, but Log In instead. You can use your direct Netflix subscription on any Roku device on any Roku account. And, on non-Roku devices, too.

This is true for all services; Hulu, Disney+, etc.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."