Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Redraz89
Level 7

Unable to login to Fandangonow via TCL/Roku TV

Jump to solution

Hello everyone.  I have a TCL 55S405 / ROKU TV 7105X TV.  I have tried trying to connect to FandangoNow about a dozen times with no success.  I keep getting the error "Invalid Username or Password".  If I click on the "Forgot Password" option I get the error "Your password cannot be reset.  Please try again later."  I have no problem logging in on my computer but can't get in through the TV.  I've tried resetting to factory settings and logging in with different accounts...no success.  Anyone else have similar issue?  Would be extremely grateful for any assistance.  #Fandango #FandangoNow #TCL

Update: I tried this on another TCL/Roku TV and got the same results.  However, I was able to login to a Vizio with no issues.  I'm at a loss.

[post moved to appropriate board]

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kalyanbk
Level 7

Re: Unable to login to Fandangonow via TCL/Roku TV

Jump to solution

I am also facing the same issue on my TCL Roku 50S423 as well as a Roku Stick connected to a non-smart tv. Tried working with the Fandango tech. We tried updating to latest roku software, resetting my fandango password. I am able to sign in on laptop but not the TCL Roku TV. I also called TCL support who redirected me to Roku support after standard troubleshooting steps. Tried on a different mobile hotspot and it worked! It seems to be something in the wifi router/firewall configuration. It finally turned out to be protected browsing on Xfinity xfi. Disabling it let Movie store work and enabling it blocked Movie store from Fandango.

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
4 Replies
kalyanbk
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am also facing the same issue on my TCL Roku 50S423 as well as a Roku Stick connected to a non-smart tv. Tried working with the Fandango tech. We tried updating to latest roku software, resetting my fandango password. I am able to sign in on laptop but not the TCL Roku TV. I also called TCL support who redirected me to Roku support after standard troubleshooting steps. Tried on a different mobile hotspot and it worked! It seems to be something in the wifi router/firewall configuration. It finally turned out to be protected browsing on Xfinity xfi. Disabling it let Movie store work and enabling it blocked Movie store from Fandango.

View solution in original post

Tags (2)

Jump to solution
Genius!! Thank you for letting me know about the XFi privacy thing. I turned it off and I'm finally able to connect my Roku stick and TCL Roku TV!! Sucks that we have to turn off that safety feature but yay for being able to watch purchased movies in any TV in my home!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ugggghhhh
Level 7

Jump to solution

That was it!  Protected browsing 'on' with xfinity.  Doesn't affect interaction between smartTV app and Fandango store, only Roku. 

0 Kudos
adamseale
Level 7

Jump to solution

Fixed my problem too...  anyone know if there is a port that can be opened to allow Fandango to work while leaving Protected Browsing running?

0 Kudos