Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ejordan525
Channel Surfer

Unable to adjust surround volume for Roku wireless speakers

Is looks like there was the ability to adjust the surround volume for rear wireless Roku speakers in version 9.4. My Roku TV currently has version 10 and my streambar pro soundbar is at version 10.5 all speakers have been updated today.

Devices: TCL Roku TV, streambar pro, wireless speakers, wireless subwoofer.

UPDATE:

I had to start a show/movie that has 5.1 and press the * button on the remote, I was then able to adjust the surround sound level. I had to do this though the streambar pro, it does not work on my Roku TV which is pretty annoying. However my settings did seem to transfer over to the Roku TV as the surround is much louder. Very frustrating that I can’t make these changes in the TV. I have to go to the streambar, start a show and change it. I can’t even change it in the sound settings in the streambar pro! This is very inconvenient just to change sound levels of the surround, bass, or treble.

Update 2: My Roku TV FINALLY received the 10.5.4191 update and I am now able to change the surround settings through my Roku TV by pressing the * on the remote when using an app or live tv and adjusting the ‘sound settings’. Also some good news is that you can now add more Roku TV speakers to your existing setup for a total of 4 Roku speakers, streambar/pro, subwoofer.

Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Rdel714

Re: Unable to adjust surround volume for Roku wireless speakers

About a year ago they barely fixed The inability to adjust the surround sound.... (which even after the fix is pathetic and under powered) now the option is randomly gone and I'm really disappointed that these speakers are Specifically made for a Roku system... Of which I have a Roku TV Soundbar subwoofer and rear speakers and they are useless. 

0 Kudos
spenser
Reel Rookie

This is so frustrating. The latest soundbar updates gives you options to adjust treble, bass, and surround volume on a sliding scale from 0-10. Pretty nifty. EXCEPT you can't access it from your Roku TV!!! Prior to this update there was an option that was accessible from the Roku TV remote to adjust surround volume on "Lowest - Loudest" scale from any Roku TV ap. Now I can only access the update settings if I play content from the Roku Soundbar instead of the Roku TV.

Roku, why in the heck are you making MORE difficult for users who've invested in both a Roku TV and the Roku surround sound platform to use your products??? Plesae bring back surround volume controls to the Roku TV menu!

wooliepigs
Reel Rookie

I (wooliepigs) also have the Roku Streambar and the Wireless Speakers. The ability to adjust the volume has disappeared from the sound settings Options Menu. What happened?

Hytlog

Agreed, I absolutely LOVED this feature because I have my wireless speakers in another room. I could control the volume on those speakers. Now I can't   Very frustrating. Why would they take away a very valuable feature??

0 Kudos
wooliepigs
Reel Rookie

No response from ROKU. Over 3 weeks and still no correction. Very disappointing. I have been able to get sound from the speakers by selecting the “music” option but there is no channel separation. Why!!!???

0 Kudos

How hard is it to make an update so that you can adjust the volume  of my rear speakers. That is a lot of money for a paper weight . Guess I have to return the speakers 

0 Kudos
letsroll
Reel Rookie

I would like the ability to adjust the front speakers as I find not having a center speaker can lead to 1 side being stronger than the other. I tried to streambar and the volume differences with the roku wireless speakers up front was horrendous. 

0 Kudos
Jah82

Just take to sound stream out of the equation and your wireless speakers will sound amazing