Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ramjl
Level 7

Re: Unable to Update New TCL Roku TV Software - Error 008

Jump to solution

@tigeaustinturne Thanks for the update. Will you let us know here when you hear back about the fix?

0 Kudos
tigeaustinturne
Level 8

Jump to solution

@Ramjl Sure thing.

0 Kudos
Award29
Level 8

Jump to solution

I sure hope they get it fixed i was supposed to get a call today at 4:30 from level 2 tech agent with info from TCL HQ , i never received a call , that's twice this week that the level 2 didn't call me at set time , makes me think they are holding off untill they get it figure or don't figure it out .. Very disappointed since this tv was recommended from co-workers .

0 Kudos
ghkent
Level 9

Jump to solution

I finally received a call from a level 2 tech on Saturday but unfortunately was not at home with the tv. This tech told me they had a fix that was working.   The tech was to call me back today (Monday) but I never received a call back.  I called customer support and they are still clueless.  They had me do the update on the website.  They said it had been updated since the original posting.  I tried it and once again it failed.  Waiting for another call back.  This company probably has the worst technical support that I have ever dealt with......I will never buy any of their products again.  

0 Kudos
MGDove
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yep, still no change on my end. I don’t think these technicians understand that the issue isn’t on their end, it’s the TVs themselves. I truly feel that simply putting out a new update won’t do the trick. Oh well, if nothing is solved in 15 days, it’ll be back to Walmart I go.

0 Kudos
dbg123
Level 7

Jump to solution

SO after about a week of back and forth with TCL customer support it’s suggested that maybe it’s the hard drive in the TV (something along those lines... I am not very tech savey)? I Am going to have a customer representative come to replace mine in my TV. They said it should be fixed once the replacement is made. I sure hope. Not sure how they plan on replacing everyone’s if it is truly the issue... 

0 Kudos
MGDove
Level 8

Jump to solution

How did you go about setting that up? If I wanted to do something similar, should I just reach out to TCL support and ask them to replace my TV's hard drive?

0 Kudos
Hurleym
Level 9

Jump to solution

There has to be a software fix released. This is definitely not hardware related and all of us don’t have faulty hard drives that need replaced. We just need a compatible firmware to install via usb or network. Usb probably the most likely.  It would be nice if we could get a straight answer especially since someone said they had a working fix. The hardware on all of our TVs is working fine.  The issue is on the software side and the techs need to figure this out 

0 Kudos
tigeaustinturne
Level 8

Jump to solution

How did you go about setting that up? I can't even get TCL Support to give me a call they barely respond to emails. I've also DM'd Roku and TCL on Twitter. Both are completely clueless. "Have you restarted it and changed the wifi network".....

0 Kudos
dman13
Level 9

Jump to solution

I have been monitoring this thread because I have the exact same issue with that television. I'm surprised that this information hasn't been leaked to other sites like CNET or any major news outlets. I say an upgrade to a 5 series is in order or if they can't fix it via software, supply ROKU boxes to all purchasers free of charge. If this isn't fixed before Thanksgiving I will personally spread this issue all over the internet.

0 Kudos