Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ghkent
Level 9

Re: Unable to Update New TCL Roku TV Software - Error 008

Jump to solution

Same issue, same model, BF Walmart tv.  Tried all troubleshooting as others have listed.  Waiting on a return call from TCL support as I had issue escalated.  From other blogs I have read, they cannot fix the issue.  Walmart is going to get back 100,000 TVs they sold for Black Friday and have a lot of angry customers.  

Award29
Level 8

Jump to solution

same issue been same **bleep** with tech support waiting on call from agent lvl 2 tomorrow but im wondering if we download older software onto USB drive if would work , and how did people last year with same models figure this out 

0 Kudos
MGDove
Level 8

Jump to solution

I’m hoping that, with time, Roku will resolve this issue as it is obviously affecting a large portion of those who purchased this TV. Given that it took them awhile to add the TV to the database, perhaps waiting it out a couple more days might not be that bad of an idea before I take it back. I just wish they’d communicate with us what’s going on.

dbg123
Level 7

Jump to solution

So is the only way to fix this to return it?  Will Roku or TCL not fix this firmware server issue? 

We were hoping this would be resolved quickly (maybe due to the large number of people who are trying to download at the same time).  Our box is long gone in the trash. I sure hope there is a better solution than to return it... because I fear that is out of the question for us. 

0 Kudos
tigeaustinturne
Level 8

Jump to solution

Same issue for me!!! So frustrating. did anyone hear of a fix yet? I guess that's why they were on sale for $148...

0 Kudos
Dlee
Level 8

Jump to solution

Ain’t that the truth

Myky108
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same exact problem with the bf Walmart tv! It’s getting on my nerves! Does anyone know how long before they are going to fix this? 

0 Kudos
Skidrow83
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same model and tv performed update initially which was all good however another update was pushed in the background, that update brought a lot of issues, i now have this weird issue where the tv display weird checkerboard/waffle like pattern at the top of the screen. It’ll flicker at the top for a bit and then it’ll disappear. (Only happens in the youtube and netflix app menus)

Someone reported the issue on rtings:
https://www.rtings.com/tv/discussions/2CUwKuPR5I_bvNfT/tcl-roku-tv-55s20-issues

0 Kudos
johnph2001
Level 7

Jump to solution

My parents can't get any app to work on their new tv. Do you think it's because the update failed?

0 Kudos
tigeaustinturne
Level 8

Jump to solution

FYI! Just got this email from TCL. 

"We appreciate you sending us that information. We still waiting on Roku to confirm a fix. They should have one shortly and we will notify you once it is available."