Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stevenwright
Level 7

Unable connect to roku service on Roku TV

I just bought a new Tcl roku tv yesterday and it wont let me acctivate it. It says im connected wirelessly and then goes to an error screen. It will not load a code to link my account?

0 Kudos
17 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Unable connect to roku service

@Stevenwright 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device. Alternately, I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network or mobile hotspot.  If you are able to connect without issue, this usually indicates an issue with your network or password. In that case, you might also try changing your network password (avoid using any special characters from your wireless network password) to see if that resolves the connection issue. 

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Stevenwright
Level 7

I have done all of the above and am still having the same issue. It tells my im connected to the internet but keeps telling me it cant connect to roku 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Stevenwright 

Thanks for the update.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku TV from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
SethML
Level 7

I have the same problem. Roku says I’m connected to the internet, but then it isn’t connected and can’t get me a code to activate. I’ve cycled off repeatedly at this point. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@SethML 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can activate and setup your device. Then once the device has been setup, switch back to your home wireless network.

Keep us posted with what you find out. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
skroeger
Level 7

Activation code for roku tv

I am trying to do a factory reset for my TCL roku tv.  Wireless and internet connection is good.  When I get to the screen that should give me the activation code, the code will not come up.  There is just a spinning wheel.  Please help!

0 Kudos
Alan00
Level 7

Hi this same problem is occurring to me. I have restarted both my router and modem as well as the TV

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@SethML 

Thanks for the inquiry.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can activate and setup your device. Then once the device has been setup, switch back to your home wireless network.

Thanks,
Danny

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@SethML 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Thanks,
Danny

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Activation code for roku tv

@skroeger 

Thanks for the post.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can activate and setup your Roku TV. Then once your Roku TV has been activated and setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Alan00 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can activate and setup your device. Then once the device has been setup, switch back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos