Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

USB broke, now can't get rid of "USB requires more power..." error message.

The USB port on my TCL 8 series broke and since then I get the error message about device needing more power.  There is nothing plugged in anymore.  The message is on the black bar that goes the width of the tv about the bottom 10% of the screen and will not go away for more than a couple seconds.  I can bypass the port for viewing content by using my 4k player, but the error message is still there.  Is there any way to get rid of the message, or is the port an easy fix?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 9

Re: USB broke, now can't get rid of "USB requires more power..." error message.

My tv has home>settings>system>USB media, where there is an "auto-launch" setting defaulted to "prompt." Maybe if that was set to "off" it wouldn't behave as it is?

Other than that, I think you might have contact TCL about having the tv repaired.

"[Roku CEO] Wood’s goal is to control video access to the world — to be the 'one box that rules them all.'" (Techcrunch, February 23, 2011). The latest software update removed any doubt who rules & controls my TV.
0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: USB broke, now can't get rid of "USB requires more power..." error message.

Thanks, i appreciate it.  Tried it already and that didn't work.  Unfortunately TCL will not cover as warranty since i broke it.  

0 Kudos