Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itsmo
Level 7

USB Ethernet for Insignia NS-32DR310NA17 Roku TV?

Is there a USB ethernet adapter that is known to work with the Insignia line?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
monkeyman
Level 7

Re: USB Ethernet for Insignia NS-32DR310NA17 Roku TV?

YES!

Well. . .  probably. Smiley Very Happy

I just bought a slightly different model than yours, the Insignia 39DR510NA17 Roku TV. Based on other posts here, I set about trying dongles to get connected to my LAN via Ethernet cable and not wirelessly.

I previously tried THREE other dongles, all from Best Buy, all failures. Two were Insignia branded dongles, and the other a "J5 Create". All failed.

The one that worked I got on amazon as it was named in another post to be compatible with a Sharp ROKU TV.

Here it is: Plugable USB-to Ethernet Dongle

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0048 ... UTF8&psc=1

Just do this:

1. Attach your dongle and plug in your Ethernet cable

2. Turn on TV (this may actually be all you need!)

3. Go to SETTINGS>SYSTEM>POWER>SYSTEM RESTART. Select RESTART.

4. TV powers itself off then back on

5. Navigate to SETTINGS>NETWORK. You don't even need to select (click on) NETWORK.  On mine, at least, below the Earth graphic, it displays  "Wired (Ethernet)". BAM!

6. You can also go to Netflix, if you have it, and navigate to settings/network. You can verify wired AND do a speed test.
Cool!
I hope it works for you. BTW, switching from wireless to wired bumped my speed from 12-14 MBPS to 24-25 MBPS. Well worth the $12.

I hope you'll post your results for others.

Cheers,
Chris

The following is just keywords to help searches:
INSIGNIA TV, ROKU TV, ETHERNET, USB, ADAPTER, DONGLE, BELKIN, PLUGABLE, WIRELESS,
0 Kudos
Porscha
Level 7

Re: USB Ethernet for Insignia NS-32DR310NA17 Roku TV?

Pleaseeeeee help me I been without tv for almost a week..my WiFi will not connect to my roku tv...O purchase the usb form amozon connected the Ethernet from router to usb to tv still don’t work....I’m lost
0 Kudos