Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kshiggs61

Tv went black won’t turn off kelp’s cycle from Home Screen to blacks

As i said tv just went black remote won’t work ! Reset button wiped out all my information!’tv won’t stop cycling from Home Screen to black 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Tv went black won’t turn off kelp’s cycle from Home Screen to blacks

Hi @Kshiggs61

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If your TV with Roku is cycling from the Home Screen to black and won't turn off, there may be an issue with the Roku device or with the HDMI cable that connects the Roku to your TV. Here are some steps you can take to try to resolve the problem:

• Unplug the Roku: Unplug the power cable from the Roku device and wait for about 10-15 seconds. Then, plug it back in and turn the TV on again to see if the issue is resolved.
  • Check the HDMI cable: Ensure that the HDMI cable is properly connected between the Roku and the TV. If you have another HDMI cable available, try replacing the existing one to see if that resolves the issue.
  • Try a different HDMI port: If you have multiple HDMI ports on your TV, try plugging the Roku into a different port to see if the issue is related to the HDMI port.
  • Reset the Roku: Press and hold the reset button on the back of the Roku device for about 20 seconds. Release the button and wait for the Roku to restart. This will reset the device to its factory settings, so you will need to set it up again as if it were new.

I hope this helps you resolve the issue with your TV cycling from the Home Screen to black and not turning off with your Roku device.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos