Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nurse21
Level 7

Re: Tv remote not working

Jump to solution

My remote does not work, I have tried all of my roku remotes in the house for my bedroom tv , I downloaded the roku remote app in my phone and it works. I don’t understand why are the actual remotes not working?! 

0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Level 14

Re: Tv remote not working

Jump to solution

@Nurse21 , It sounds like the TV's IR sensor has gone bad. There are videos/blogs about how to replace the IR sensor. Apparently you can buy these parts online and self-service if you're mildly handy with things like that.

Before doing that, you could try a factory reset (or use the pinhole reset button on the back of the tv). Maybe that would fix it. But, if it doesn't, then you'll have go through the whole setup for no reason.

Another option would be to buy the enhanced Roku remote with voice capability. It uses wifi instead of IR. They cost about $20. If your TV's IR sensor is bad, the wifi remote might be easier than replacing the sensor?

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos