Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Tv remote not working

Jump to solution

All of a sudden the remote that came with my onn roku tv won’t work. None of the buttons will control anything? I also have a fire stick and once I get into the hdmi with the roku remote app the volume buttons won’t work they all used to work before we tried different batteries and that didn’t help. Our remote is also not the kind you can press the reset pairing button thing. What should I do??!!! The tv is only a few months old?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Tv remote not working

Jump to solution

@MarissaDallimo 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact Onn here: http://onntvsupport.com/#product_support-2 or at 1-888-412-6886.

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@MarissaDallimo 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact Onn here: http://onntvsupport.com/#product_support-2 or at 1-888-412-6886.

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

You can see if its the actual remote that's broken and not the tv no longer accepting IR commands. With new batteries in the tv remote, using your cellphone camera, point and press a key on the tv remote while its pointed at the camera lens, if you see flashes then the remote is operating as normal. Then it would could be the tv at fault?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Unfortunately  there are mountains of issues with roku tv remotes, roku without a doubt makes the lowest quality remotes on the market, sometimes my remote wont even work when I'm standing directly In front. I suggest you download the phone app or do what I'm going to do, I'm going to send my tv back, demand a refund and get a good tv that doesn't have all the constant problems than roku has. After a year of my roku I have decided that they are the crappiest TVs on the market and not worth my money

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Odinson 

Thanks for the note.

We would recommend contacting your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer contact information, you can visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Reset your TV: remove the TV power source:

Pull the TV plug out from the wall outlet or power source:

- I find that my TV responds best when I have it plugged into a dedicated outlet (and not a power strip or multi-plug device in between the Roku plug and the direct outlet)

After several seconds, plug your TV into the wall outlet. Try operating the Roku menu. 

I hope it works for you👍🏻

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Is buying a new remote for a tv i bought 2 months ago really the answer?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Wayneo171 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

My romote not working

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Trika 

Thanks for the post.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos