Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shawn0102c

Tv overheating

My Roku tv keeps overheating I have tried moving it several times and still overheats but it only overheats when I open YouTube I can use any other apps just fine but YouTube keeps overheating the tv.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Tv overheating

Hi @shawn0102c,

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Re: Tv overheating

@shawn0102c , how do you know it's overheating? (That's not something that would be obvious to me.).

If what Mary suggested doesn't help (removing, restarting[1], re-adding the app), you might as well try the so-called "clear cache" ritual:

Hit HOME 5 times.
UP once.
REWIND twice.
FAST FORWARD twice. (Clears cache & tv reboots itself. Be patient. It takes 2-3 minutes for the tv to go black, and come back on)

That does fix problems for people (when other things didn't). Nobody knows why, and Roku's no help on the topic.

FWIW: I don't see how your tv maker would be responsible for YouTube's inefficiencies using Roku's API. If your tv is still under warranty, I would pursue that. If not, I'd contact YouTube's app support.

The simplest solution may be to spend $22 on an Amazon Firestick Lite. Stream through HDMI. That's what I do. (I've seen others say they're doing it.). Roku does not seem serious about customer support.

[1] The restart function is in settings>system>power.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos