Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Confusedperson
Reel Rookie

Tv being controlled by someone else

I have a brand new roku tv plus two rokus plugged into Emerson tvs. Randomly my tvs will turn on and off and change the app it’s on, etc. I have tried resetting everything and it’s still doing it. Anyone have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
cwcheese
Roku Guru

Re: Tv being controlled by someone else

firstly, you ought to check that your wifi router is secure, that nobody else nearby has the ability to get on to your LAN, possibly you should reset the admin password, as well as the SSID password - the one all your computing devices use to get on the network. that will lock down your local network and eliminate your neighbors possibly having access to your Roku devices

don't call me expert, just a long time Roku user that seen a lot of things
0 Kudos
Confusedperson
Reel Rookie

No one should be able to get in it. We have a password on it and can’t change it cuz of our internet provider 

0 Kudos
Tim_Hare
Streaming Star

Your internet provider should not stop you from changing the password on the WiFi in their router - in fact, they should allow you to do this in an app on your phone.  And you need to change the password - if you keep the default then anyone with access to a phone app can try the default password and mess with the box that connects you to your ISP.   Similarly, you need to make sure your Roku has a unique password so that people with the Roku app on their phone cannot mess with your Roku TV

0 Kudos