Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
natjayles

Tv Freezes

I bought. 70’ ONN Ruko tv from Walmart in October 2020. The issue I am having is that it keeps freezing... on Netflix, Hulu etc. So I reset the tv 3 times and I have rebooted the internet router. Nothing has helped. I called ONN and they told me this was a ROKU issue. I called but as everyone knows I’m not able to speak to a representative. ANY IDEAD. This is really getting annoying. 

5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Tv Freezes

@natjayles

Thanks for the post.

- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if you are still experiencing the same issue?
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if that helps?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

@natjayles , If it were me, I would 1) place the tv next to the router (within 6'). And/or, if the tv has an ethernet port, I would connect to the router that way. Eliminate the possibility of interference.

If that didn't work, then 2) try "clear the so-called cache" (fixes random reboots):

Hit HOME 5 times.
UP once.
REWIND twice.
FAST FORWARD twice. (Clears cache & tv reboots itself. Be patient. It takes 2-3 minutes for the tv to go black, and come back on)

That has fixed strange problems which other things like resetting didn't. It wouldn't hurt to try it.

If the problem still exists: I would go back to Onn & demand a warranty claim be opened or you'll file a complaint with the FTC & your state's AG (some state AGs handle this. Other states have more specific consumer-protection agencies which the AG will refer you to. If you're in Canada, you probably have even better protections.).

Your warranty is with Onn. They have a relationship with Roku. That's Onn's problem until your warranty is expired. (Evading/delaying warranty obligation is a serious matter.).

This stuff looks a lot like collusion tactics.

If you came here first, Danny would tell you to contact the tv maker. Instead, you went to the tv maker first -- who told you to contact Roku. Now Danny engages you in a plausible support activity (which will go nowhere. If you look at this forum, there are service-denying bugs still extant after *years*). 

It's gaslighting.

The common theme is: Roku & the tv makers win (nobody's responsible). Customers lose (spun around with everybody pointing the finger at everyone else).

You have a warranty. It can't be constructively rendered meaninglessness. Go back to Onn and assert that. Let them know you're willing to file complaints with regulators. (Get on every retail site and review every Roku tv too.). You could also, just tell them Roku said it's Onn's problem. Gaslight them. You're not dealing with people operating in good faith. Both sides, their only goal is to make it not their problem. They've established a partnership which rewards that.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
Harvini
Roku Guru

Lets try to simplify the discussion with ONN.  Assuming the TV is still under warranty.

"Hello ONN.  My TV isn't working properly.  You sold me a set with representations that it would perform certain functions.  It is not performing those functions.  I don't know, nor do I care about the internal functions of the set.  But, when I use it as it is provided, as your manual directs, it fails to work.

It is YOUR problem as to why it isn't working correctly.  You have both an expressed warranty, along with the implied warranty of merchantability as provided under law.  YOU need to fulfill your warranty obligations.

Lvopus
Reel Rookie

Tv Freezes when using apps

I am having the same issue as everyone does.  Streaming apps cause the TV to freeze and become unresponsive.  I feel there's a problem here, the hardware and software don't play well together and TCL blames Roku and vice versa.

0 Kudos
garet37

Re: Tv Freezes solution is here

It is your problem as to why it isn't working correctly. You have each an expressed warranty, together with the implied guarantee of merchantability as furnished underneath law. You need to meet your assurance obligations. check here the complete details.