Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OnMy1stXLT
Reel Rookie

Re: Turning off display on a Roku TV

Jump to solution

I would love to be able to turn the display off will listing to music streaming through my HDMI channel. Got a BF deal on this TV but I'm returning it ASAP. I'm spend a little more on another Vizio that I know I can return the display off at anytime. This sucks!

No, the voice remote from my mobile device ain't getting such a simple task done either. "Unable to turn off display." 

0 Kudos
BenTheAsian
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@BenTheAsian

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

For more information about listening to music on your Roku TV with the screen display turned off, visit our Support page here: Listen to music with the screen off

Thanks,
Danny

On Spotify while listening to music I could turn the display off, but ever since this new update I haven’t been able to access it 

0 Kudos
Tomzz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

There is no longer a turn screen off option. I wish ROKU would bring it back.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Tomzz

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Are you trying to turn off the TV? Are you using a Roku TV or are you connecting a Roku device?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tomzz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Would like to turn off picture display while listening to Spotify. Could do this in the past, but no longer does ROKU allow this function.

0 Kudos
OnMy1stXLT
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Tomzz 

They keep asking the same question over and over as if we haven't stated many times in this very thread what we want & are having a problem with. 

It's a feature that they took away. I had recently purchased a Roku TV and took it back 2 days later because I can't turn off the display while having things play in the background.

I ended up purchasing a Vizio TV which allows such a thing. I'm even replacing my Roku devices with Fire Sticks. Don't want to give the consumer what they want? Fine, no problem. I'll spend my money with someone who will give me what I'm looking for.

Jump to solution

Were. Did you find it I had it foraa but nd ow I don't see where it says turn off display

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about how to turn off your TV display while streaming music, visit our Support page here: Listen to music with the screen off

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Doggy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Turn off display on TV screen

0 Kudos
Doggy