Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EAtRo
Binge Watcher

Turn off gaming mode permanently

Apparently there's been a firmware update where when I turn on a console the TV automatically goes to gaming mode. This hurts my eyes, badly. We need a fix for this. I have my tv tuned to my vision. You don't have the right to alter what I have set up. Period, ever.

11 REPLIES 11
EAtRo
Binge Watcher

Re: Turn off gaming mode permanently

This doesn't happen when I turn a console on, it happens when I select a game. Is this from Roku or the game developers? Either way, I need an option to disable it.

0 Kudos
Z06
Roku Guru

@EAtRo  Please read this helpful link 

https://support.roku.com/article/360051606053

0 Kudos
EAtRo
Binge Watcher

Not helpful at all. My dynamic contrast: not available, gaming mode: not available. And what that means is that I can't turn game mode off, nor can I turn dynamic contrast off.

Z06
Roku Guru

The article specifies how to disable gaming mode. That’s what you want. 

0 Kudos
EAtRo
Binge Watcher

When a supported game console is connected to an HDMI® port on your Roku TV, the appearance of the generic input tile you see on your Home screen is modified with a custom name and image that matches your game console, making it obvious where to go when you want to play video games.

Additionally, your Roku TV detects the capabilities of your game console and configures supported features automatically. As you continue reading about various features, look for notes that list specific game consoles that support each feature.

0 Kudos
EAtRo
Binge Watcher

The gaming consoles disable your ability to turn gaming mode off once you select a game

0 Kudos
EAtRo
Binge Watcher

Or the tv does actually. I doubt the games have a code written in them to override your tv. This literally has to be a Roku thing

0 Kudos
Z06
Roku Guru

@EAtRo 

661EDC94-4ECE-44E8-8C30-262E54A65283.jpeg

0 Kudos
EAtRo
Binge Watcher

I've tried that.

Once you select a game, that overrides your selection and turns it back on, and makes it "unavailable" when you go into the menu to turn it back off. You're locked out.

0 Kudos