Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanK83
Reel Rookie

Trying to pair my android phone to my roku tv

Hello. I'm trying to pair my android version 12 to my roku tv. I've actually paired it but it's not listed in the connected devices. I've tried quick share with Bluetooth, etc. I would like to be able to watch videos I've recorded and pics I've taken with my phone on my roku tv. Thanks for any and all help. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Trying to pair my android phone to my roku tv

Hi @DanK83

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Can you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? Are your phone and Roku device on or using the same network? How long has the issue been occurring?

We recommend doing basic troubleshooting steps on your device and checking if these steps would resolve: How to screen mirror your Android or Windows phone to your Roku streaming device 

Hope you'll find this information useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Regards,
Karla

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Trying to pair my android phone to my roku tv

I believe you are mixing terms here. You don't/can't "pair" your phone to a Roku. Screen sharing is not pairing. I don't have an Android phone, but when I did back in 2017 I had to install an app on the phone to make it visible for screen sharing on my Roku. Perhaps the newer models no longer require that app, but in any case the phone has to have the function enabled to screen share the phone to the Roku. I can screen share my iPhone and my Windows laptop without a problem. 

Make sure the Roku has Screen Mirroring Mode enabled in the Settings/System menu. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.