Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteinwaySP

Truth and Art TV has violent political extremist content. I don't know why Roku platforms it.

This is regarding the Truth and Art TV channel that I was amazed to see that Roku is carrying. 

This channel hosts videos from someone named Bernie Suarez, a longtime conspiracy theorist who has made credible violent threats online, both to public figures and to private individuals who have criticized him. This has gotten his channels removed from nearly every other platform with community standards against content that tries to encourage real world violence, as well as those which traffic in misinformation. 

If you want a sense of the kind of thing that this person is putting online, and likely is or would stream on his Roku channel, here is a link to the video that got him kicked off of Twitch yesterday for making a serious threat of violence (it is off Twitch but still hosted on Gab): https://tv.gab.com/channel/truthandarttv/view/evil-is-finally-being-exposed-so-60be60422ff1c81ae5789...

If you go to the 30:30 mark on that video you an hear him call for the death of the Governor of Nevada, where he lives. And there is plenty more like that, along with medical misinformation, Q-Anon conspiracies, and saying that people in the US need to overthrow the government by force. And this was just from a few days ago. But he has been making content like this (and violating terms of service and getting kicked off platforms) for years now. 

I would urge whoever is overseeing community or content standards at Roku to look at the content on this channel, and ask yourself if you want to be the platform for this kind of violent extremist content? If it helps, a search of this person and "Truth and Art TV" will show you that YouTube, Twitch, Audible, and other platforms have decided they do not want to be a part of distributing him. This is not someone you want to be distributing through your product. Thank you for your time in reading and considering this. 

0 Kudos