Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble connecting Nintendo Switch to Roku TV - No Signal

Having trouble connecting my Nintendo Switch to my Roku TV. I've tried everything the internet has mentioned. I've tried using all 3 HDMI ports. I've updated/reset both devices. I've plugged the devices in different outlets. I've changed resolution on the switch (cannot seem to change it on the TV though as that is not an option). Also, the Switch actually works with a different TV and connects just fine. I plugged everything in and it popped right up for me, but nothing seems to work with the Roku TV. I also plugged an Amazon Fire Stick to the Roku TV and that worked just fine as well, so it doesn't seem to be a port problem. The connection between the Switch and Roku TV just won't work.

14 REPLIES 14

Help! Nintendo switch won’t display or play audio

Please help I recently bought a tlc 65” Roku tv. Getting the switch to work hdmi 2 was ok at the beginning but got worse and worse cutting in and out. And now it won’t work at all saying no signal(is it on). I tried a different hdmi cord, unplugging the switch and tv, switching hdmi ports, checking for updates and none of it worked. I even factory reset the tv and after getting it all set up again I had audio and picture for about a second and a half before it cut out again. I have no idea what to do. 

rasebastian
Reel Rookie

Re: Nintendo switch won’t display or play audio please help

I am having a similar issue. We have a TCL Roku TV and have successfully connected and displayed our Nintendo Switch to the tv for over a year and a half. A few weeks ago it stopped working. I only get the Looking for a Signal message.

So far we have tried:

1. using a different HDMI cable
  2. using different HDMI ports
  3. unplugging all cables and reconnecting in the "proper" order
  4. Restarting the TV along with #3
  5. Restarting the TV and Switch along with #3

The one thing I haven't tried is resetting my Roku TV because that is a huge hassle and I get no indication for these support posts whether this actually solves this problem.

Please let me know of any other solutions to this issue, or whether Roku has documented it and is working on a fix.

Thanks.

Tags (2)

Having the same issue and we bought a new switch terminal. I did try resetting my roku and it didn’t work. Please fix!! I want to play Just Dance with my friends on a big screen

Burnsides7
Reel Rookie

Did you ever get the Switch to work?  Ours worked just fine when we first hooked it up, but now we get no signal and nothing we've tried (same steps listed above) has helped.  This is a huge disappointment.

0 Kudos
rasebastian
Reel Rookie

@Burnsides7, yes, although the issue was with the Switch dock, not my TCL Roku TV. I experimented by connecting the dock to an external monitor, as well as borrowing a friend's newer Switch dock. The TV and external monitor both successfully connected with other HDMI inputs, as well as the borrowed dock. Turns out the Switch docks are very poorly made and this issue is widespread. I replaced the original dock with a refurbished one,  which works fine. Also, proceed with caution: there are plenty of 3rd party docks but apparently they can brick once there is a Switch update. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Burnsides7
Reel Rookie

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Nintendo Switch No Signal

@Brycerhoden-

Sorry, I don't have a Nintendo Switch to be able to give any first hand advice.

Does anything here help?  https://streamdiag.com/nintendo-switch-not-connecting-to-tv-fix/

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Nintendo Switch No Signal

@Brycerhoden

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Have you tried accessing the correct inputs on your Roku TV? What are you seeing on screen? What the steps to reproduce the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Trouble connecting Nintendo Switch to Roku TV - No Signal

Try powering on switch first, then leave it docked for a few minutes straight with everything connected.  Mine came on after a while. A bit inconvenient but functional at least.

0 Kudos