Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Transparent Black Box still on screen after Setup

Photo of TCL Roku TV - Transparent Black Box in Middle of Screen 

Set up my new TCL 50” Roku TV. After completing set up, the transparent black box used for set up will not go away. No text or anything, just a dark rectangle in the middle of my screen. I did multiple factory resets and can not get it removed. I can’t find anything in the settings or in online forums. Help!!!

#TCL #Roku #rokutv

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Transparent Black Box still on screen after Setup

The picture linked above goes to my amazon photos in case anyone was confused by the link url. Here is a second picture. Going to a different app, I now realize there is a transparent box at the top of the screen as well.

Second photo - see transparent box at top and in middle of screen

Black boxes stay on when I switch inputs as well, this is HDMI 1 port for my Nintendo Switch HDMI 1 Nintendo Switch - Transparent black boxes 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Looks like something got burned into the screen? You had it paused something for along time and it burned the image into the screen for good? 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

This is a fresh out of the box tv. Plugged it in and the issue was immediate.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Aaccordino 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried performing a factory reset on the Roku TV to see if that resolves the issue? For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos