Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RainAnthony
Level 7

Time setting missing

My roku tv has been showing the incorrect time and when I go into the system settings the time setting is missing completely.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7\
Visitor45763
Level 14

Re: Time setting missing

Mine has Home>System>Time where I can set the timezone manually or automatically. I think, after that, the actual time is set with a network time server (like NIST). If you have that menu item like I do, and the timezone is set correctly, you should probably post the timezone it shows. (Also go to home>system>system update & post your software version. I'm 9.4.0 4200).

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
RainAnthony
Level 7

But that's my problem. I have no setting option for time at all. It's completely missing.

0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Level 14

What is the current software version? (Roku will probably want that to help you. I'm just stabbing in the dark.).

I would also do the "check now" for a new update at that screen. I'd also try home>system>power>system restart. (That's the "reboot your computer" type of "who knows, maybe it will fix it" suggestion).

In home>system>advanced system, there is a "network connection reset." I might try that since the time comes from the internet. (But, if you can check for new software update, then your network must be ok.).

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
RainAnthony
Level 7

It's says it's up to date with the 9.4.0

I'll have to try your other suggestions. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Looknow12
Level 8

I am having the same issue. I am running 9.4.2 build 4264

How do I fix this?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide us a screenshot of what you are seeing in Settings > System > Time?

With more information we will be able to look further into the issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Magdinakci
Level 7

Re: Get time and timezone

I am not a programmer and have no idea how to do those things; should Roku not work out the way for the system to adjust to the time, wherever you are, the way digital clocks do on radios, watches, all electronic devices?

Magdinakci

0 Kudos