Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Time setting missing

My roku tv has been showing the incorrect time and when I go into the system settings the time setting is missing completely.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 9

Re: Time setting missing

Mine has Home>System>Time where I can set the timezone manually or automatically. I think, after that, the actual time is set with a network time server (like NIST). If you have that menu item like I do, and the timezone is set correctly, you should probably post the timezone it shows. (Also go to home>system>system update & post your software version. I'm 9.4.0 4200).

"[Roku CEO] Wood’s goal is to control video access to the world — to be the 'one box that rules them all.'" (Techcrunch, February 23, 2011). The latest software update removed any doubt who rules & controls my TV.
0 Kudos
Level 7

But that's my problem. I have no setting option for time at all. It's completely missing.

0 Kudos
Level 9

What is the current software version? (Roku will probably want that to help you. I'm just stabbing in the dark.).

I would also do the "check now" for a new update at that screen. I'd also try home>system>power>system restart. (That's the "reboot your computer" type of "who knows, maybe it will fix it" suggestion).

In home>system>advanced system, there is a "network connection reset." I might try that since the time comes from the internet. (But, if you can check for new software update, then your network must be ok.).

"[Roku CEO] Wood’s goal is to control video access to the world — to be the 'one box that rules them all.'" (Techcrunch, February 23, 2011). The latest software update removed any doubt who rules & controls my TV.
0 Kudos
Level 7

It's says it's up to date with the 9.4.0

I'll have to try your other suggestions. Thank you.

0 Kudos