cicada1717
Reel Rookie

This USB Device Requires More Power

I am receiving the following warning for my roku soundbar: “This USB device requires more power. Use power adapter if available.”

The roku is already plugged directly into the wall (not the TV USB port, as the warning suggests). It’s actually been plugged in to the wall for months without issue/warning.

I’ve rebooted the roku soundbar twice but the warning keeps popping up.

Please help!

9 REPLIES 9

Re: This USB Device Requires More Power

Mine is doing the same thing. It has never been plugged into the Tv but it thinks it is for some reason. It has always been plugged into the wall. It’s extremely frustrating as this is all we use for television services. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@cicada1717 @Nalevanko8990

Thanks for the posts.

If you still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cicada1717
Reel Rookie

Danny - How do I private message you? I don’t see a link to do that.

Cicada1717

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@cicada1717

Thanks for the follow up.

I have responded to your PM that you sent and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I am now experiencing this same issue.  Please let me know what I need to do to get additional support for this problem.  This warning is taking up more than 10% of my viewable area and interferes with my work and ability to do anything with my TV.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @lordbayushi78

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We would recommend starting with the troubleshooting steps available in this Support article: Why does my Roku® streaming device not recognize my external USB drive? then see if that will resolve the issue you're experiencing.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Ker218

Mine also says this USB needs more power..

We do not use a USB? 

0 Kudos
YFNKINGKD

Hi I’m having the same problem with my tv and this more peer message I’m honestly gonna to buy a new tv this is pissing me off I can’t get rid of it and it’s been 2 days this has happend before but now I’m fed up please help serial number is  YK00UF148592

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@YFNKINGKD

Thanks for the post.

What you are experiencing may be related to a hardware issue. Have you tried contacting the Roku TV manufacturer support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos