Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nika05

The turn picture off option

I have a Roku TV (Hisense) and when I pressed the star (asterisks) button on my remote, the option to turn the picture off was previously there but it’s not there anymore (I see sleep timer, TV brightness, sound mode, etc.) I used the option to listen to Spotify/one of the calming music channels to fall asleep to. Did a recent update remove the option? I’m on software 11.5.0 if that matters.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: The turn picture off option

Greetings @nika05 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the * button on your remote functionality.

We are currently unable to replicate the issue you are experiencing as the Picture off functionality is still visible when we checked. 

Is there a specific channel that this functionality has been removed from or is it no longer available on all channels? If this issue is only occurring on a specific channel, it's possible that the channel provider has removed this functionality. In this case, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Please keep us posted and we will be able to continue to assist you further. We look forward to hearing back your response.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nm2520

Re: The turn picture off option

Yes the Spotify and Apple Music app

0 Kudos