Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
himynameisghost
Level 7

Re: The 9.4 Update has broken HDR and added input lag on my 2020 TCL 6 Series

So I figured something out after days of testing settings.

Go into Settings

Then Apple Airplay and Homekit

After it loads, click on Airplay and turn it OFF.

This fix my input lag issues.

I hope this helps everybody else dealing with this issue. Please reply and let me know if this works

Mark_H-
Level 9

I already have contacted TCL about rolling back my firmware and they don't deal with with the software side AT ALL. Which is really stupid. They pass the buck to Roku. Which they can't help me roll back either. I have tried rolling back but the Roku platform will not let you roll back if it's an older firmware even via USB. But I'm sure other TV manufacturers won't let you roll back either. BUT, the huge but is that LG TVs will let you disable automatic updates. Any TVs with the roku platform really should decouple the TV firmware from the Roku firmware. 

Level 7

Mine locks up playing Channels since the update. Reboots.

0 Kudos
gMonty
Level 7

This issue barely came up for me last night on my 2020 TCL 6. I'm pretty sure i've had the 9.4 update for a couple weeks now, but randomly my PS5 HDR looked horrible. Super dim image and crazy, game breaking lag to go along with it. Picture looked fine in SDR, but the awful lag was still there! I tried unplugging and replugging in the cables and restarted everything, even switching HDMI ports, but no luck. This morning, fired it up again, issue was still there. After doing a bit of digging online, the solution that worked for me was to power down all connected devices and physically unplug them for a few minutes. Once I plugged everything back in and turned it on, problem solved! HDR looks great, maybe even better than before and the lag is gone too! Hopefully this works for you too!

Ceridwen
Level 10

I’m not sure I understand the logic of powering down the connected devices when the fault is in the television. Is this working for everyone?

0 Kudos
gMonty
Level 7

@Ceridwen You are right. Zero logic, but it worked. I probably would have gotten the same result just unplugging the television, forcing a proper reboot, but my HDMI connected devices (PS5 & Soundbar) are plugged into the same surge protector, which is what I actually unplugged.

0 Kudos
straken34
Level 8

gMonty my friend, thank you for your reply. This has solved my issue of a very dark HDR on series 5 for the ps5 (and also xbox 1). I have chatted with multiple TCL support guys and also got a call that took 20 minutes explaining that the dark HDR was not due to incorrect TV settings. None of the TCL dudes recommended to simply unplug the power and let it sit for a few minutes. What the **bleep**!!! 

killuazhu
Level 7

I tried to unplug TV and PS5, wait for couple minutes and power both devices back on. It does not resolve the dark HDR issue though. When switching to SDR, you can notice very obvious brighter.

0 Kudos
Eb50
Level 9

I'm ready to buy a new tv at this pace...

0 Kudos
Ceridwen
Level 10

I wouldn’t hold your your breath waiting for it. They don’t seem to care. Might be time to get a new tv. I’m keeping my tv offline and at 9.3 and I’ll start looking for a new tv after the holidays, maybe lg.

0 Kudos