Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DesperadoMGR
Level 7

Re: The 9.4 Update has broken HDR and added input lag on my 2020 TCL 6 Series

Game Mode is also giving me trouble with the recent 9.4.0 Update 

The Video Starts to stutter on Xbox with it enabled 

TCL Series 4 

43S425

0 Kudos
DesperadoMGR
Level 7

9.4 Update Broke HDR and Game Mode

HDR is also super dark now and can't even adjust it to make it brighter

Game Mode is also giving me trouble with the recent 9.4.0 Update 

The Video Starts to stutter on Xbox with it enabled 

TCL Series 4 43S425

TheSkul15
Level 7

Yo I'm having this exact same issue!  Both ps5 and ps4 can't be plugged in at the same time 😭😭 I was wondering what was up. 

Mark_H-
Level 9

I had the same problem. Game mode or not running through AVR. But it's fixed for now. 

I couldn't figure out what was going on with the input lag on my PS4 Pro. It seemed to come and go. 2 days ago found this thread. Decided to factory reset my R615 and it went back to out of the box firmware. I did NOT connect to the internet so I wouldn't get the latest firmware. Everything was perfect. Input lag was non-existent in game mode. It even fixed my lip sync issue with Gemini Man, which always seemed to have lip sync issues, but other Dolby Vision titles seemed to come and go as well with lipsync issues.

I then tried something stupid. I was going to see if I could connect to the internet, get 9.4.0 to test and then disconnect. But once it connects, it always wants an internet connection. So, factory reset again but it stays on 9.4.0. BUT, all issues are still fixed. I even have the new bubbly picture menus which I didn't have before even on 9.4.0 before the factory reset.

I am kind of pissed because I can't put in my calibration settings without hooking it up to the internet and going through the app but putting it on movie mode and Color "55" it seems about the same. But I am not hooking this TV up to the internet ever again. I got the new Roku Ultra 2020 day one it came out so I don't have to use the built-in. I have had nothing but problems with this TV for 2 years. 

Moral of the story, factory reset, DO NOT connect to the internet and be happy, if you use an external box of some sort. I am still going to try to see if I can get it back to out of the box firmware because I swear input lag was "ever so slightly better" but it might be placebo. 

0 Kudos
DireMonkey
Level 7

9.4 update broke HDR on TCL 8

Last night I was watching netflix on my TCL 8, then switched over to start Queen’s Gambit, but it wouldn’t work.  I would either get a frozen green tint of whatever was on cable, or a black/white/red/green static. Some shows worked, some had the same static or frozen green screen. I determined it was only the Dolby content that wasn’t processing. Something about OS 9.4 freaked out over the Dolby content. Didn’t see much on the message boards. I unplugged the TV, cycled the power button a couple times, plugged back in, now everything works good as before.  Good luck

# 9.4, #TCL, #dolby, #HDR

0 Kudos
AchtungCloud
Level 7

Re: 9.4 update broke HDR on TCL 8

I’ve had similar problems, but they predate 9.4.  It’s been since about September that I have to restart my TV multiple times per day because Dolby Vision/HDR content either won’t load or I get that horrible green screen.  I was hoping update to 9.4 would fix the issue, but it didn’t.  Now I’m looking to see if I can return the TV over this (bought in November 2019).

0 Kudos
Jinmasu
Level 8

I can’t have both ps4/5 systems on and was able to do that before this update cause I did data transfer. Roll this turd back please. My hdr is faded and washed out, looks terrible. This wasn’t an issue 2 days ago. Rooooll baaaaaack and fire whoever pushed and update the weekend the new consoles launched. 

0 Kudos
jame78a
Level 7

65R617 My HDR picture settings are gone. Under Picture mode I have Low Power, Movie, Normal, Vivid, Sports. Did Factory reset and HDR still doesn't show up. Windows 10 doesn't recognize the TV as HDR capable anymore.

Also I need to lower my resolution on some games to 2560x1440 to keep 60fps. Now Windows 10 will only let me select 2560x1440 at 30Hz, 29Hz, 24Hz, 23Hz. So I'm stuck at 1440p 30fps. Nasty.

0 Kudos
himynameisghost
Level 7

Yup, definitely broke it. Input lag is horrid

0 Kudos
Pdogg
Level 8

The Roku os TCL tv screen it is fine but when switching to the Roku tv hdmi ports 1-3 they will make the screen flicker on and off for like 10 minutes every time I turn off the tv and turn the tv back on.  This has been happening since this update.  But when I go to the Roku os screen that does not use the HDMI ports the screen is fine and I can play the Roku apps.  Just HDMI is broken now after the 9.4 update to my TCL Roku tv.  I have the TCL 55S515.