Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GVBlackmoon
Level 7

Re: The 9.4 Update has broken HDR and added input lag on my 2020 TCL 6 Series

Fixed with TCL Support took a bit but this is what worked for me.

1. Turn off your TV.

2. Disconnect all devices.

3. Turn on the TV.

4. Reconnect Devices.

5. Make sure HDMI is set to 2.0 auto in theory should work but just to be safe 2.0

6. Lauch HDR app or game using remote press * change picture mode from Dark HDR to Normal HDR.

TV now works as normal.

0 Kudos
niall_r
Level 8

This does nothing to fix the issue for me, TCL support made me do this as well. 

The problem has nothing to do with external HDMI devices and the modes that they’re set to, the HDR capable apps on the TV itself have this issue too and there’s no HDMI involved there. 

I blame this all on Roku since this all worked just fine before their update. 

0 Kudos
retro
Level 8

I’ve also noticed that the latest update brought back motion smoothing issues on 24p content PLUS a new issue with DTS audio being out of sync.

very frustrating!!!

0 Kudos
Seff
Level 8

HDR is now broken on my series X as well after this update, and I know it was working before. Roku just put up an article that says 6-series tvs don't support HDR, which means they must have disabled it. What awful companies. 

0 Kudos
niall_r
Level 8

Can you link this article? Or tell me where I can find it? 

0 Kudos
Seff
Level 8

HDR gaming With a wide range of virtual environments, dynamic animations, and dramatic shifts in per... 

I may be reading it incorrectly as I managed to fix mine by unplugging the Xbox hdmi, deleting the input, plugging it back in and cancelling the automatic game mode (what the link is about.) 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

Due to the age of this thread, and outdated information as this thread relates to OS 9.4 which is no longer available, we will be locking this thread.

If you are still experiencing an issue related to this thread, please feel free to search the Community for another thread related to your issue, and if no threads currently exist, you are more than welcome to create a new post.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos