Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eb50
Level 9

Re: The 9.4 Update has broken HDR and added input lag on my 2020 TCL 6 Series

downloaded the latest update manually and issues with flickering appear to be resolved.  

Ceridwen
Level 10

I know, really scared this will happen again. I hope they learned from this because I really love tcl TVs and haven’t had any problems until this happened. So glad to have my tv back.

0 Kudos
Eb50
Level 9

i hope all updates from now on are manual and also can be rolled back.  this was 3 weeks of frustration and anger.  if i was smart, id sell this before it happens again.... 

AP2507
Level 8

I still believe that the TCL TV is an awesome TV to have for gaming, especially for the price. I am going to wait a couple of days to see if the problems come back and if they don’t, I am just going to disconnect it from the internet so that it can’t update again. For me, I don’t even use the Roku part of the TV as I watch my shows on apps on the Xbox, like Netflix, etc. Like me and so many other people said, they never had problems until 9.4.0. 

esunde
Level 8

I downloaded the update, & it seems to have done the trick, I've been able to watch the video apps with no issues. 🤞

Ceridwen
Level 10

Same zero issues since the new update. That update was severely broken.

AndyN32
Level 8

Update applied and the Series X media apps now work perfectly.   However my Fire TV still cannot pass DV.  Doesn’t even show as an option in Disney Plus though it’s present and passes now with internal apps and via the Series X.  Frustrated still but at least I have one option versus none.

0 Kudos
TheGalaxy
Level 9

My tv likes to glue up and eventually freeze then shut down and re start if I go to home menu and select satellite, or crave, or any different input or channel. It’s not all the time, just randomly does this.

it did this before I manually did the latest build update, and now it’s worse. Yesterday there was delay for even muting or changing the volume at one point, then eventually shut down and restart. Three shut down restarts yesterday in fact.

i know when it’s about to freeze up. I’m getting used to it happening.

its too bad, the picture quality is very good with this tv. The OS is really buggy.

TCL 65R635 2020 I’ve had it for a month now.

my brother in law is looking for a new TV. I cannot recommend the TCL, I know he would return it immediately. I’m still holding on for Roku to fix this

0 Kudos
Elite49
Level 9

Funny those in here saying 9.4 broke their TVs when 9.3 broke a bunch of ours and 9.4 fixed it

Question for those taking their TV offline, anyway to do it without the annoying ass light blinking?

0 Kudos
niall_r
Level 8

Glad to see that the latest update seems to have fixed those other issues many were struggling with in this thread. Some of them sounded worse than mine. 

in the case of my issue detailed in the main post, nothing has changed for me. As soon as I switch on HDR on my PlayStation and launch an HDR game, the image is still completely wrong and it’s the exact same behavior I’ve been witnessing since 9.4 came out over a month ago. 

0 Kudos