Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
esunde
Level 8

Re: The 9.4 Update has broken HDR and added input lag on my 2020 TCL 6 Series

Yeah, I got that update, & did a full shutdown. I haven't had any issues with while playing games, just the streaming apps, which seems super weird.

After having played Destiny 2 for an hour or so with no issues, I decided to try Disney+ for the first time in a week or so, & had the flashes start up in the first 5 minutes of the Mandalorian episode.

@AP2507 

jrod2
Level 8

Yeah I feel like I’ve tried everything but I can’t get any of the streaming apps to work on Xbox without getting flashes or losing picture entirely. I don’t have any problems playing games. Also I see the most problems when trying to use HBO MAX.

0 Kudos
Ceridwen
Level 10

I think they broke hdcp with the update. I think thats what the problem is. I think it’s a handshake issue, completely software related. Very inept coders at roku.

AP2507
Level 8

I don't understand why they won't push out the 9.3 update again and just call it 9.4.1 until they figure out what they broke in 9.4.0. I have never had a problem with my TCL TV until 9.4. For almost 3 years, I have loved my TCL TV. What I know for sure is that if or when they fix these problems, I am taking my TV offline.

esunde
Level 8

Absolutely. I've had zero problems until this update, and would be perfectly happy going back to the last one. I'd probably also take my TV offline, to avoid any other issues. 

Ceridwen
Level 10

Same, no problems until this update.

0 Kudos
esunde
Level 8

Welp, now HBO Max started doing it for me on the Series X, too, complete with an HDCP error screen in the app. This is absolutely infuriating. 

Sanxophones
Level 7

Let me know what they say! Hdr is really dark for me too

0 Kudos
Juedesna
Level 7

No issues until yesterday. When I play any game on my xbox series x that switches the tv to hdr game mode the hdr mode is very dark (APEX, Halo 5, Jedi Fallen Order). The games are unplayable it is so dark and no matter how much I try to calibrate hdr via settings in xbox or brightness in game settings it is way to dark.  As soon as I go home or switch to a non hdr game the brightness is perfect (Rogue Company, Fortnite). 

0 Kudos
straken34
Level 8

@Juedesna This happens to me but only when I use another HDMI source (ps4 or nintendo switch). I have everything plugged into a single surge protector / power strip. I unplug the power strip, wait a few minutes, plug back in the power strip & HDR works as normal.