Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JustDior
Reel Rookie

Terrible 10.5.0 Update Please Fix(Glitchy Tv)

Ever since my tv updated to 10.50 it’s been glitching every 4 seconds and is very laggy. It sucks hoping to get a new update soon or I’m just going to have to buy a new tv and get the fire stick. Roku Please Fix this

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Terrible 10.5.0 Update Please Fix(Glitchy Tv)

@JustDior 

Have you tried manually forcing an update via the menu system?

If that hasn't resolved, there is a way to download software to USB and to a manual update that way. I've not done it, so I can't speak about it first hand. https://tvupdate.roku.com/index?p=select

Failing that, have you done a factory reset?

Note that if the TV works apart from within the Roku menu system and Roku apps, you may not need to buy a new TV, but simply attach a device to an HDMI port (Roku, Amazon, or otherwise). But try the software update methods listed above first. That would be cheaper.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
atipp

I have been trying everything known to Google to turn off this horrible "soap opera" look that has taken over every streaming channel on my Roku since the update. You can't even get to the setting from the super secret picture adjustment screen. EVERY CHANNEL LOOKS LIKE A SOAP OPERA FILMED WITH A APPLE PHONE. There is absolutely no depth to any movie on any channel. Motion blurring does nothing. I'm about to take this thing back to Costco.

DBDukes

@atipp 

Many TVs have settings that impact the look. Vivid, Cinema, and a whole slew of other descriptions that impact how things look. Check for those settings before you lug that thing back.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
JustDior
Reel Rookie

I’ve done everything, factory reset,picture reset,unplugged it for 30mins. It’s so frustrating!

0 Kudos
DBDukes

You say "everything," but your list of "everything" didn't include the update via USB that was suggested. Did you do that?

DBDukes

0 Kudos
GuitarMan
Roku Guru

What brand is the TV?

0 Kudos