Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Temporarily disable tcl Roku tv

So I was given a 30 day notice to move out of the house I was renting a room in. That same day I went to jail for a little. While I was there my others roommates took over all my belongings. I went there when I got out to collect all my property and it's pretty much scattered all through out the house and the garage and who knows where else. I am wondering if there is a way that I can temporarily completely shut down my TCL Roku tv with another device so that they can not use it. Make it unable to connect to the internet so the features and apps won't be able to be accessible or maybe just so that it won't turn on at all without a special code i can program to it or something. Just Tillie am able to pack everything and remove it back to mypossesion permantly???
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 13

Re: Temporarily disable tcl Roku tv

@Amanda4 

If you no longer have access to the Roku TV you can still UNLINK the device from your account and that will force anyone that attempts to use it to register it with their own Roku account. Not as good as doing a factory reset and it won't prevent someone else from using it, but it will at least remove the device from your Roku account. Below is a link to Roku support on how to UNLINK a Roku device from your account.

How do I remove a Roku® streaming device from my Roku account? 

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
YABER Y31 1080p LED Projector | Fire TV Stick 4K
0 Kudos