Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Card27
Level 7

Tcl Roku tv and Roku soundbar

I have both the Tcl Roku tv and the Roku smart soundbar. Is there any way to hook the soundbar to the tv without using a hdmi cable and only need one remote? I have Roku built into my tv. Only need sound going to my soundbar. Not video coming from my soundbar. It’s redundant. But I don’t want to have two remotes and I don’t want to use up a much needed hdmi port. Would a Roku IR remote pair to both? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Re: Tcl Roku tv and Roku soundbar

It won't work without a hdmi cable, the soundbar remote only has roku commands mapped to the tv power and volume keys, when the soundbar sees these commands it sends hdmi-cec signal over the hdmi cable to control the tv. It is also how the tv remote controls the soundbar volume via hdmi-cec. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
JC12
Level 9

Re: Tcl Roku tv and Roku soundbar

I am doing the same and it looks like video is not coming from soundbar unless I open up on tv. I control everything with one remote. I think the TV recognized it was a Roku soundbar.    Make sure you are connected to ARC on your TV. The tv was able to handle all updates on the soundbar and no need to open soundbar. Volume is controlled through tv remote.

0 Kudos