Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Feltsandel
Level 7

Tcl 65q825 buffering w Netflix and sound cutting out

I’m having two problems. 
I have had the tv for 1 week. 

1. Netflix has been buffering frequently and nearly unwatchable. Other app’s work fine. 
2. sound cuts out and I’m using the speakers with the tv. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jking2z
Level 7

Re: Tcl 65q825 buffering w Netflix and sound cutting out

Same issue here on my TCL TV. Only on Netflix. Hulu, Amazon & YouTube work fine. Happening more on 4k content. I have a wired connection running at 100/10.

0 Kudos
Edenrage
Level 7

I'm having the same issue, just bought a series 6 tcl and every app streams fine except Netflix. From what I've read in this forum and other places online, this is a system wide problem with very few people not having the same issues....problem is TCL and Netflix keep passing the buck to one another, with neither company exuding the give a **bleep** to actually do anything about it. (and no, making note of it in your accounts CRM does not equate to actual action to resolve the issue). They will and SHOULD lose customers over this, as this is a typical example of POOR customer service and lack of accountability in companies, simply because they haven't lost enough money over it yet.

0 Kudos
An2012
Level 7

I am having the same two issues with my 6 month old 65q825 , using in-built TV speakers and 200 mbps wired internet.  We can barely watch anything for an hour without running into the syncing/buffering and distorted sound issue.

Visitor45763
Level 14

@An2012 wrote:

I am having the same two issues with my 6 month old 65q825 , using in-built TV speakers and 200 mbps wired internet.  We can barely watch anything for an hour without running into the syncing/buffering and distorted sound issue.

Go to home>settings>system>system-update to see when your tv was last updated. I wonder if your problem might have started then? (If so, you'll want to provide the software version, and the hardware model & serial numbers from the system>about menu.).

Have you checked your internet connection using speedtest, or something like that to ensure there's not a problem with the quality of your internet? I know that cable internet providers were hit hard with people working from home last year. A lot of people couldn't stream because the service was oversold. They had slow speeds and large latency/jitter.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
An2012
Level 7

Thank you for the response. I check my internet speed a few times a day and  know that's not an issue since our second TV just works fine. Its been acting up since the first week of December. System  software setting shows Last Updated on Dec 17 . Other details are as  below.

Roku TV A111X

TCL Model 65Q825

Serial Number  X003002WJD2C 

Software version 9.4.0 *build 4200-88  (Shows All software is up to date after I clicked 'Check now')

Device ID S056Y99WJD2C

0 Kudos