Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohnkern
Level 9

Tcl 5000 series not working with YouTube tv

Jump to solution

My tcl 5000 series crashes and reboots every time I start YouTube TV

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mohnkern
Level 9

Re: Tcl 5000 series not working with YouTube tv

Jump to solution

IT cleared itself after a day or two.  This seems to be a common recurring problem with Youtube, Youtube TV and Amazon Prime.  They'll stop working (to the point of crashing the TV sometimes) and then a few hours (or a day or two) later, the problem resolves itself, with no effort on my part. 

It feels like there are Roku OS updates that are breaking their code, and they have to fix it, or alternatively, they are releasing untested code in the app.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@mohnkern 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your TV from Settings>System>System restart. Once your TV starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
mohnkern
Level 9

Jump to solution

IT cleared itself after a day or two.  This seems to be a common recurring problem with Youtube, Youtube TV and Amazon Prime.  They'll stop working (to the point of crashing the TV sometimes) and then a few hours (or a day or two) later, the problem resolves itself, with no effort on my part. 

It feels like there are Roku OS updates that are breaking their code, and they have to fix it, or alternatively, they are releasing untested code in the app.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos