Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

TV setup error

I purchased Roku TV in 2017 and recently got wi-fi.  I have set up wireless connection and TV tries to do a software update and immediately I get an error.  I have taken the TV back to factory settings and I get the same error after I set up wireless connection.  I have other products that work on the 5G wi-fi network.  Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: TV setup error

@raceready 

Thanks for the post.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if if you can update your Roku TV. Then once your Roku TV is updated, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Keep us posted with what you find out. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I rebooted wireless router and TV and no success.  I tried to activate using my cell hotspot and not successful with that either. Any other thoughts?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@raceready 

Thanks for the update.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku TV along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am currently having the exact same issue. I’ve followed all the same steps and it will not get past the Update restart. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Afran108 

Thanks for the post.

If you have already tried connecting your TV to an alternate wireless network and still not able to setup your TV, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku TV along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos