Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celic

TV's light is on but won't turn on

Jump to solution

Got this Roku at a flea market and attempting to fix it. When I plugged it in for the first time and used a Roku remote, it turned on for a moment but when I arrived back to the TV a minute or so later, it turned itself off. The light at the bottom comes on, It is not picking up signals from the remote, but I tried turning it on from the power button on the TV and it won't come on that way either. There is a very low sound that is coming from the back of the TV on the right side. Any information, links, or tips that can point me in the right direction to fixing this tv would be extremely helpful

I got it for $20 since the lady said she couldn't get it to work. Its a 70 inch TCL.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: TV's light is on but won't turn on

Jump to solution

@Celic

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: TV's light is on but won't turn on

Jump to solution

@Celic

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos