Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HostileCombover
Channel Surfer

Re: TV randomly pops up the channel info menu

Hey "Danny", There are multiple complaint pages for this problem at THIS website, and ACROSS THE WEB. At this point, asking each person for details and a screenshot seems like WAY TOO LITTLE TOO LATE. Roku MUST be aware of this problem, which is affecting a LARGE PERCENTAGE OF THE CUSTOMER BASE. Just PROVIDE AN ANSWER, EACH AND EVERY TIME. I have scanned dozens of pages with no solution in site. 

COMPLETELY UNPROFESSIONAL AND UNACCEPTABLE. FIX IT! 

HostileCombover
Channel Surfer

SERIOUSLY. Dozens of complaint pages on this site and no answers. Just obfiscation. Insanity.

StevenCee
Roku Guru

And this has been ongoing for quite some time. It's a very simple issue, the info menu just pops up whenever it pleases, whether on antenna, or streaming, period. And it blocks the picture, and it's especially infuriating when you watching a foreign language show, and it blocks me from reading the dialog!! To constantly ask for each person's technical minutiae, is pointless, and appears to be nothing more than a stalling procedure, as nothing has yet been done to correct this very obvious bug...

Harvini
Roku Guru

I would never say that there is nothing there but a bobblehead with a script.  No intellect required or used.

Again, I would never SAY that

Rlbreeze
Streaming Star

This is VERY ANNOYING.. for those of us that use OTA. Love my tcl tv and roku interface but this is enough of an issue to switch it out.  Dont confuse this issue with the roku store mode screen. While watching OTA it will pop up the info screen that tells you info about the current ota station and prgram you are watching. . Just change the software so if i want to see it...push the ok button. Done thanks...please fixso i can keep this tv

Rlbreeze
Streaming Star

Its not the remote. Ive removed batteries, hide it under stuff..infrared...its most definitely associated with ota signal detection programming. Its very annoying. 

Rlbreeze
Streaming Star

Well said. Just imagine all the people who hate this issue and instead of reporting it here they tell everyone dont buy this tv or roku. I love this tv and roku except this is a deal breaker 

Rlbreeze
Streaming Star

Nice....that actually worked. Too bad roku dummies that have the code cant figure it out. They cane put the bug in but cant seem to remove it. 

Im a retired developer...i get this takes time to detect, test and deploy but this is a big deal. 

Good job and kudos for finding this workaround!!!!

0 Kudos
ks16

I had the same problem with 3 tcl tv's. Last week one of the tvs updated to software version 11 and the channel info does not popup anymore. The other 2 tvs have not updated yet and the problem persists with them.

abadacas
Channel Surfer

Good! Perhaps when Hisense pushes out the update that will finally fix mine!