Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quipsterk
Binge Watcher

Re: TV randomly pops up the channel info menu

I have discovered a workaround that prevents this annoying pop up from happening. The only drawback is that you'll have to watch the Roku streaming channels in a separate area from your OTA channels. But it definitely beats having to see that stupid pop up! Here's what I did:

1. Hide all of the Roku streaming channels from your Live TV input. This is found in Settings: TV Inputs: Live TV (or whatever you named your OTA input). Check the "Hide all streaming channels" box.

2. (Optional) Rename your "Live TV" input by hovering over it and hitting the * button. I named mine "Antenna TV" as to not confuse it with the Live TV left menu navigation option (see info below).

Once you've done this, your new "Antenna TV" input (or whatever you wish to call it) where you'll go when you want to view OTA channels. There should not be any of the Roku streaming channels within this input now--just your OTA channels.

To watch the Roku streaming channels, navigate to the "Live TV" menu option to the left of your home screen icons. If you've favorited channels, they should all be there just as you left them.

Like I said, this workaround makes you watch OTA and streaming channels from 2 separate places--but for me the channel info pop up has disappeared. So I consider this a victory! Hope it works for others.

abadacas
Channel Surfer

I've always cut the streaming channels from the OTA's and watched the "Live" channels separately. (Don't know why they call them "Live"). And never had the popup problem until recently. Only with the OTA's.  

Gpeirce
Streaming Star

This has also been discussed in thread:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/Roku-pop-up-menu-guide-keeps-app...

**bleep** irritating.  Especially if you are looking through the guide and the TV decides you have to be reminded of what program you are watching.

Gpeirce
Streaming Star

After reading the post about taking the batteries out of the remote, has anyone thought about putting the remote control under a pillow to hide the signal?  Maybe a rouge button push is making this happen.  Will try that tonight.

0 Kudos
abadacas
Channel Surfer

Doesn't work. 

Gpeirce
Streaming Star

It ain't the remote control that is popping up the station ID.   Haven't a clue.

CLMN
Reel Rookie

Nope.  At least in my case, it's all about trying to watch a station with a relatively weak signal or a signal that fluctuates for some reason.

Stevenna
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R 

I'm having the same issues. 

I have good antenna signal, good batteries in the remote  

I'll change the channel which will show the info box for a little while, it will disappear normally. Then sometime later within a few minutes it will pop up again.

There does not appear to be any pattern. 

It seems random; the info box just pops up when using the antenna TV or broadcast TV

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Stevenna

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CLMN
Reel Rookie

Oh, that is very funny Danny.  I see we are back to square one.  Are you a real live person or just a bot?

This is insanity.  I guess we are on our own folks.  No help from Roku.  Just the run-around.  😞