Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: TV randomly pops up the channel info menu

@mgvet @Czb0057

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mgvet
Channel Surfer

ROKU TV: A119X
TCL Model: 55S535
Serial Number: X00300NCHAOP
Device ID: S05NY06CHAOP
Software OS Ver: 10.5.0 build 4210-88

Tracker ID: OP-059-221

-does this issue occur on a specific channel?
Issue occurs on "over the air channels" and "streaming channels"

Sometimes the channel guide will pop up every 5 minutes or so. Other times it may take a half hour before it pops up.

IMG_20220210_210223.jpg

Harvini
Roku Guru

Danny - There is no need to provide serial number or anything else.  This is a new mis-function in the OTA receiving software.  It arose when your folks tried to fix the lack of signal strength readout after they broke that functionality.

Perhaps you could answer me, what function does the Roku presence on this forum serve other than to ask for information that is never acknowledged, nor used t provide any actual assistance to a user in distress?

mgvet
Channel Surfer

Harvini,

I find interesting your "lack of signal strength readout" comment.

When I noticed that problem on my TV I spent heavily on a Channel Master signal amplifier thinking the problem was on my end. Of course the costly amp did nothing to improve my signal issue. That was a few months ago. 

Thank for shedding some light on that issue for me.

0 Kudos
quipsterk
Binge Watcher

@RokuDanny-R This has been happening with my TCL 6 Series tv as well--since late December 2021 / early January of 2022. Channel info menu pops back up on the lower third of the screen after being on a streaming or over the air channel for about a minute. So it doesn't appear to be because of antenna signal strength.

If I take the batteries out of the remote after landing on a channel, the channel info pop up does not occur. Otherwise, it does it all the time. So this seems to be an issue with the remote programming and/or signal. It's the same issue being discussed in this thread (which is filled with screen shots):

https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/Annoying-Pop-up-Menu/td-p/527352/pag...

t3hbutt3rs
Binge Watcher

You can add me to the list. 10.5 broke more than it could fix. This happens on my 6-series, and on 3 of my 4-series. Annoying as heck.

steve14
Streaming Star

Hisense Roku tv 7205x

model 50R6

software 10.5.0

channel info randomly pops up when watching antenna tv

has been doing this for several months now...very aggravating.  Also there is no information in the guide for antenna channels any longer....channel guide just says " no information"

ROKU>>>>Fix it already!

no wonder why Roku stock has been dropping like a rock

RockyRokoo
Reel Rookie

This issue seems to be the result of a momentary antenna signal glitch. Mine is a TCL roku tv (series 4). The problem as an end user, is that we know there is a glitch. We really don't need to see one-third of our screen with the channel information as the tv re-acquires the signal every other second. It makes an already annoying user experience even worse. One third of the screen constantly popping up with the channel info during an atmospheric event (signal goes from 5 bars to 1 bar and back again) is the worst. It seems like something a developer thinks we would like to see. I can assure you, we don't. Can we please just have a method to turn it off or make it really really really small. Thank you.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@mgvet @steve14

Thanks for the posts and providing the requested information.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Harvini
Roku Guru

Hey, RokuDanny - Can you actually point to any previous posts where you have updated the community on ANY issue????

(Asking for a friend)