Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BriGood
Binge Watcher

TV input Shortcut on Home screen? - TV Input not showing up in Settings

I'm using a Roku Express 4k+ on HDMI2 a Vizio TV and am having to use 2-3 remotes to change the TV's active input among HDMI1, HDMI2, and Antenna.  As the subject says, the "TV Input" menu selection does not appear on the Roku Home screen under "Settings".

I've seen videos of home screen shortcuts for selection of HDMI1, HDMI2, and Antenna and wonder how these shortcuts are created?  The reason I ask is that I am evaluating Tivo (cabled into HDIM1), Tablo/AirTV2 (cabled into HDMI2), and direct feed coax into Antenna, and need to switch inputs frequently in order to compare between the different DVR feeds.

Also, is there a hidden code to make "TV Input" appear under "Settings"?

Thanks!

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TV input Shortcut on Home screen? - TV Input not showing up in Settings

@BriGood, sorry, only Roku TVs can do it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
BriGood
Binge Watcher

Thanks for the reply, Renojim. Do you think that selecting the TV input is something an app could be developed to do?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Sorry, no.  The TV would have to have a mechanism to enable it and I don't think any do.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.