Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
westner
Roku Guru

Re: Favorite channels suddenly stopped working

Jump to solution

Thank you @Glocom, I will certainly look into that one.

0 Kudos
dcathome
Streaming Star

Re: filter option missing from the channel options menu

Jump to solution

Moderator, please do not shut down this feed. There are many of your customers that had a working feature that no longer works, It was fixed a few months ago and now it is broken again. What good is the forum If you do not allow comments and questions on the issues? There are people such as myself that would like a response from a Roku employee of what changed that was fixed and would like to help to correct the problem for this feed, filter option missing from the channel options menu.

Thank You

westner
Roku Guru

Re: Getting rid of catagory bar

Jump to solution

Not only that, it reverts to 'All channels' each time you change channels after selecting 'Favorites'. The 'Recents' doesn't work because it doesn't store any recently viewed channels. I agree, this change was totally useless, confusing and annoying. Thanks Roku.

SkipAlexander
Reel Rookie

Re: Channel Guide Filter Resets to All When Restarted

Jump to solution

The problem went away for a while but now it's back.

Hopefully it will go away again.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
kobmgmnt

Re: TV guide suddenly changed

Jump to solution

I had this problem before and it has come back I think that I did a factory reset. but doing that entails going through al the channels again to hide the ones I don't watch(pain in the **bleep** and time consuming)

0 Kudos
Romey
Reel Rookie

Roku Update "broke" live TV GUI.

Jump to solution

First of all, Roku should add a update disable switch so problems like this are prevented. Then their customers can update when they feel a need, and if a problem would be understood. This latest update happened with absolutely no notification or other ways to inform one of their customers that an update was needed or could be installed.

The live TV GUI is broken. It looks like a bad design because before the update, choosing "favorites" needed to be selected everytime you went into the live TV app. Previously to the two broken updates, once chosen favorites would be pinned no matter how long I stayed out of the live Tv app. Now the new gui makes you select favorites everytime you look at a channel. For instance, if I change from CBS to NBC through favorites then wanting to see what else might be on, I would have to again choose favorites just to browse. The favorites selection defaulted to "all channels" simply by browsing.

The GUI looks nicer but if functionality is missing then the pretty isnt. Is there a way to stop all automatic updates so customers can stay with what works? Can I revert back to the version that worked?

thanx

DrWoo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Looks like a new update got pushed out, I see a new menu on the left in the channel guide, such as favorites, but you still have to select favorites every time, it doesn’t stay as the default. 

mGol
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Same here. Came back from a trip to find that there is the left pane which has a favorites selection which does nothing.  The only thing I can seem to do to make it easier is to hide all streaming channels.

GKloepfer
Reel Rookie

Re: Favorite channels suddenly stopped working

Jump to solution

I agree - the old favorites worked better. I don't particularly want to be a beta tester on this new thing - just put it back to the old way.

I used to be able to select favorites and all the other channels on the Live TV Roku channel would go away, to get rid of the clutter.  Now if I go to the right-hand menu and select Favorites, the list scrolls to a section with the favorites but all the clutter is still there, and if I go to a channel then back to the list, I have to select favorites once again.  Who in the world decided that THIS would work better than the old way (hit * and then select favorites, and that would stick as long as you were on the Live TV Roku channel).

It seems a little more thought before releasing this to the masses would be prudent.

westner
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Memorize your favorite channels and use the 'microphone' button on your remote to change channels until they fix this.  ‌👎‌‌😖

0 Kudos