Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Remote suddenly stops working, except for the Home button.

Jump to solution

I did battery change still happening. My time set to automatic, stays stuck at time I synced it. Antenna channel time remains correct. But streaming channels if enabled, time stays stuck to last time of time sync.

And when I'm on a week antenna signal channel it seems to freeze the remote , except for the home button.  And the favorite setting reverts back to all channels. It really stinks.

Poor ruku better get it together.  I think they programmed to just die after 3 or 4 years. Just like the phones. Bummer.

Ruku save your brand or sell it. 

0 Kudos
westner
Roku Guru

Re: TV Freezes in Channel Guide When Turned On

Jump to solution

@mGol wrote:

Definitely seen similar issues most of September.  Sometimes cycling the power from the remote works sometimes it seems to take a full power cycle by pulling the plug.  The issues with the recent Roku Live TV app updates has gotten so bad that I am working on replacing the Roku TVs of my elderly parents.  My wife has wondered if we should go ahead and replace all 5 of our Roku TVs.  I had started down the path of replacing them in August when we started having problems but then Roku supposedly fix some things and I stopped (my mistake).  Now the replacement deals are gone (likely have wait for the Black Friday deals at Thanksgiving).  Supposedly a new firmware is supposed to be released this fall (V11).  Will it makes things better or just make the TV unusable remains to be seen. We have seen a noticeable response delay at times when making selection and sometimes just outright freezes were nothing happens other than the LED light on the bottom of the TV flickers when we push a button.

A new phenomenon now is that there is a 15-20 second delay for the TV to start. I'm with you. If Roku doesn't get it together soon, I'll be in the market for a new set.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TV Freezes in Channel Guide When Turned On

Jump to solution

Hey thanks for all the info. Mine also turns on not connected all the time. And it's hard wired. I often wonder if the neighbors can mess with it's internals?. I have it set to  start on Home screen. And have Smart experience turned off.

I hope they path it soon or the black Friday sales could be the same junkie os.

Sad to see it go down hill , when they kinda started it.

Anyways thanks for the info. Kudos. 

0 Kudos
tclR0KUowner
Channel Surfer

Re: Favorite channels suddenly stopped working

Jump to solution

These new experiences are not good experiences. When is Roku going to fix this? How hard is it to go back to saving user settings? Users should not have to re-set their filters EVERY TIME they navigate away from Live TV or power off the TV.

Sharkfeeder
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Live TV default to Favorites?

Jump to solution

And if you selected your favorites with a wireless connection, and you later added a wired connection, you'll discover that there are no favorites to be found.  Switch back to wireless and there they are.  The guide controls are a mess.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Guide filter resets after power off

Jump to solution

@takalevy

Thanks for the post.

When you turn your TV back on, are you still able to access the your channels again when you select Favorites through the channel guide?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GrumpyinCA
Channel Surfer

Re: Guide filter resets after power off

Jump to solution

This is not only not fixed, it does not work. 

in an ideal  world, when I set FAVORITES, the filter by FAVORITES, then when I power off, then on, I would see only my favorites on the guide. 

it appears that an attempt was made to do that. However, is is not performing properly. 

two things.

1. I FAVORITEd channel 8.1. I get 8.1 but also all the sub channels. That is true for all my FAVORITE channels. Instead of 8 channels, I’m getting 35 or so. 

2 * doesn’t bring up options after I’ve gone filter, FAVORITES, power off then on. 

I hope this is remedied in a timely period. This has gone for many weeks. 

0 Kudos
GrumpyinCA
Channel Surfer

Re: Favorite channel or antenna guide

Jump to solution

This is not only not fixed, it does not work. 

in an ideal  world, when I set FAVORITES, the filter by FAVORITES, then when I power off, then on, I would see only my favorites on the guide. 

it appears that an attempt was made to do that. However, is is not performing properly. 

two things.

1. I FAVORITEd channel 8.1. I get 8.1 but also all the sub channels. That is true for all my FAVORITE channels. Instead of 8 channels, I’m getting 35 or so. 

2 * doesn’t bring up options after I’ve gone filter, FAVORITES, power off then on. 

I hope this is remedied in a timely period. This has gone for many weeks. 

westner
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Sharkfeeder wrote:

And if you selected your favorites with a wireless connection, and you later added a wired connection, you'll discover that there are no favorites to be found.  Switch back to wireless and there they are.  The guide controls are a mess.

At least you got them back. What if you had to rebuild your 'Favorites' list from scratch? I agree, the guide is a mess and getting worse. I wish and hope that with their next update they will include a way to "SAVE" user settings.

Sharkfeeder
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have wired and wireless on my TCL Roku TV, and the same arrangement on a Roku Ultra in a different room.  Today, when I switched to wired the favorites were there.  However, like you said, I wish there was a way to make them stick so that you don't have to click through from All Channels to Favorites each time you turn the TV on.