Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mountain33

TV frozen on language setup after outage 1/19/22

So after this outage of1/19/22 that Roku now says it has been resolved. My tv was frozen on red screen. After a reset my TCL tv is now frozen on (Lets get started) Choose a language screen. The remote does nothing. Tried powering off, disconnecting power. Getting desperate. Tried usb with updated firmware tv will not respond to usb. Do i just accept the fact that Roku messed up my tv and go purchase another one? Defiantly will not be a Roku. Tried emailing customer support keep getting message. there was an error submitting your request. Very frustrating trying to get support from Roku.

4 REPLIES 4
Retiredron

Re: TV frozen on language setup after outage 1/19/22

IT HAS NOT BEEN RESTORED!!!!!!!!!  I do not care what they say service has NOT BEEN RESTORED! As of 6:15 on 1/20/22!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We have believe that this issue has been resolved.

If you still need assistance with your issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model and serial number/device ID found on your Roku device
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Slyk1974

My TV did the same thing and froze up on the choose language screen. It will only respond to the power button to go on and off. Will not choose a language. Tried messaging Roku and calling TCL customer support which is located in Manila. Only got a run around

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Slyk1974

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Are you setting up your Roku TV for the first time and experiencing this issue or did you try to perform a factory reset and trying to setup you TV again? Have you tried replacing the batteries in your remote and are you making sure the remote has direct line of sight to the IR sensor on the TV?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos