Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Level 17

Re: TV Volume after an overnight system update

I typed audio settings, but I meant audio level. Sorry. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
roquoonewbie
Level 9

The audio level does not change after the update.  The update just causes the TV to turn on. Turning it on takes it to the "app" that it is configured to go to when it turns on...the cable box.

It is doing the normal/correct thing it would/should do if I were to press the power button on the remote control when it is off.

But this happens automatically in the middle of the night after an update.
0 Kudos
Whoaru99
Level 7

Couldn't figure out why the TV was occasionally turning on "by itself" at odd hours. It is a "dumb" TV with the only thing connected being a Roku stick.

Happened again last night approximately 2AM.

Finally put 2 & 2 together and it is the same issue...seems to be caused when the Roku stick updates software.

Is there a fix coming that will stop this once and for all? I shouldn't have to disable CEC to prevent this happening since CEC is an important feature to facilitate easy use by just the Roku remote control.

0 Kudos