Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Re: Live TV Guide is gone again 2/25/21

Jump to solution

@kbuster2 wrote: Our TV hasn't had a system update since December 17th.

That tells me the problem is the guide service/server (something in that direction). It happened to me once for a night. It took 10 seconds to change channels because the guide info was coming slowly.

OTOH: I've seen one person say their tv was updated, but because they had home>settings>system>power>fast-start enabled, the update never "applied." They didn't suffer the update's consequences until they had a power outage (or something) which caused the tv to do a full start up. (Fast start is like hibernating. It keeps all the stale stuff in memory, apparently?) 

If you were the only person having a problem, I'd wonder if that "deferred" update happened. But, with everyone else, I'd say it's the guide server. It's been about a month since it happened to me. I've since cut the cord from Roku. I don't trust them and have absolutely no desire to be in this toxic relationship with them.

My Roku TVs are factory-reset without internet connection. The antenna tv interface is much more usable like it was before the 9.4 untested update. I'm no longer subject to Roku's mediocrity (and lack of concern about how that breaks tvs). I stream through a $22 streaming stick. I'm going to replace one of my Roku TVs with an inexpensive TCL Android for comparison, start getting one foot in that universe. (They let you opt out of updates, roll back to a prior version, etc. At least I've read about it that way.). It's nothing to be happy about. I would have liked to have a tv with less drama. But, here we are. Over and over again. And, Roku never has anything engaging to say. We're not customers. We're merchandise to sell to the streaming content (impressions, and subscriptions for them).

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
alheid
Reel Rookie

Re: TV Antenna Program Guide Not Working

Jump to solution

I called TCL and went through all the possible fixes except a factory reset. Said they had many calls and it may be a Roku issue so I will give it a little time before doing a factory reset.

0 Kudos
JPishion
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same thing here in northern Nevada.  No OTA guide since yesterday on all of my the Roku TVs and they are all different brands.  

roosterscn
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

After channel guide going out last evening and doing some checking on my own, I waited until this morning and did chat with Roku. I even gave them a link to this thread so they could see it was widespread, not just me. Said they were aware of the issue so we'll see how long it takes to fix.

TRHunter
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Having the same problem as all the rest of the posts here. I have done a factory reset, unplugged the TV, done everything that has been suggested with no change in results.

Joannat

Jump to solution

Same in FL. Always something 

Harvini
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The question that this raises is whether this is due to a hardware outage, or whether it is due to a failure by ROKU to pay its bills or maintain a proper contract to provide this service, or, whether it is part of an intentional program to reduce/eliminate OTA service within ROKU powered sets.  If the latter, it is being done clumsily and obviously, and is opening them up to a phenomenally expensive class action (forbidden word deleted).

As far as my checking this morning has been able to discern, this specific feature, the OTA channel guide is the only thing which has quite suddenly, and uniformly across the US.  The "ROKU Channel" and other apps I've tried seem unaffected.  And so, again, it is the OTA user who is seeing a degradation in their expected performance.

And so, we must ask the following question:

ROKU Support personnel.  You read this forum.  You post on this forum.  Do those things NOW.

Please post, for all of the impacted users,

WHAT IS THE NATURE OF THE OUTAGE?

WHEN DO YOU ANTICIPATE RESUMPTION OF NORMAL SERVICE?

A FAILURE TO ANSWER THIS POST, on the "SUPPORT FORUM" is itself a clearly understandable answer.

Gmta918

Jump to solution

Same here in Tulsa Oklahoma. No TV guide. No fast start enabled, have restarted the TV through the power menu. My clock is fine and shows the proper time. Just stopped working two or 3 days ago. I've been busy and not watching much TV so it didn't matter but today is a down day. I want my TV guide. 

1SanStar

Jump to solution

Same here...just outside Tulsa, OK...Guide was populated yesterday morning and show all antenna listing up til 6:00 pm and then showed 'No Data Available'....how at 7:00 am yesterday the 25th did it already show 'No Data Available' to start at 6:00 pm?

AbigailL
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem! It must be a Roku issue. This is my first time using the community. Does someone from Roku ever respond to these posts? That's what we need here: an employee from Roku to post something here and let us all know what's up.