Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doxinmom
Channel Surfer

Re: TV Antenna Program Guide Not Working

Jump to solution

My non Roku TV shows the guide...so it's definitely a Roku issue.

@EdnaB wrote:

I agree that it’s probably not an internet issue or broadcast tv reception, both are working for me.

mandojim
Binge Watcher

Re: No data available for local channels

Jump to solution

Same Problem Here

I noticed it when I checked "Hide streaming TV Channels" on Feb 25th.  Unchecking this box resulted in getting definitions for ONLY the streaming channels - For Antenna Channels - still "no data available"

I have Reset Network Connections, Changed ZIP Code, Unplugged and plugged back in, checked for updates (9.4.0 build 4200-30), system restart - (Tried both with fast start and without fast start) - Nothing has fixed this.

I have three (3) TCL Roku TV's.  Yesterday I checked to Hide Streaming Channels on two of my ROKU TV's.  I DID NOT check "Hide Streaming Channels" on my third ROKU TV.  The guide on the third TV now also shows on ANTENNA - "no data available" however All Streaming Channels DO have information.

I do not use the streaming channels.  Having all these extra channels made using the Guide cumbersome.  That is why I was hiding them.  I think it must have been a coincidence that the Antenna data was lost yesterday.  It appears that the service that provides this information has an issue.

The fact that my third ROKU TV that is in my guest room which I did not touch has the "no data available" on Antenna also makes me think it is a problem with the guide service.  

I did change zip codes from my local (32780) to New York (10001) with no change.  Then I changed it back to local (32780).   For both ZIP Codes - Antenna showed "no data available"

When watching a channel using the antenna - If I push "OK" -- I see all the program information, Channel and Channel strength and time information.  (working normally)

When I am viewing the Channel Guide - if I "arrow" right until I see "Loading Data"   - data does not load.  Still says "no data available"

Suggestion:  Add a "Refresh Guide" button to the TV Inputs setting just below "Scan for antenna channels"

0 Kudos
Benedlr
Roku Guru

Re: Live TV Guide is gone again 2/25/21

Jump to solution

Same in NE Ohio. Streaming guides are fine. Still get captions when switching to individual stations. The channel ID on the left is new. You used to be able to go backwards in time. Now, when it worked, it goes to the earliest listing limiting the time slots. I hope this is a glitch they're working on and not a fishing expedition for consumer input. Back to TitanTV for my guide.

mandojim
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have the same issue on three TCL ROKU TV's

The Channel Guide for ANTENNA went to "no data available" on Feb 25th in the evening.  The streaming channel data is still showing

Mimi5

Jump to solution

Same here since yesterday   Tried everything. 

Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Benedlr , Go to home>settings>system>update. It will tell you when the software was last updated. I'm wondering if people are still receiving the 9.4 update again (after all the complaints Roku has ignored for months), or if this is just the online guide service being flaky again (it happened to me for one night. Took 10 seconds to change channels because it took that long for the channel info to arrive).

You mentioned going back to titantv. If you're at all comfortable doing that (in order to have a less problematic tv), look at what I did in this post (starting at the bolded part). That gave me a much simpler, better antenna tv interface. Continuous channel changing is back. Favorites is back. Channels change faster.  Plus, my tvs are no longer at risk of these untested updates which Roku has shown no concern about. I'm keeping my investments more in a "plug and play" system. Not all my eggs in one basket. There's a lot to like about it (when you realize how all your eggs in one basket can be harmed in ways out of your control. If we could turn off updates, or install a prior update that worked better for us -- the way Android lets customers do, I'd stay connected to Roku. But, not with this unprofessional and customer-degrading environment.).

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Re: Onn won't find OTA channels

Jump to solution

@Eoin1 wrote: the remote does not have numerals so you can go direct to a channel and I am constantly having problems with things not working as they are supposed to work.

FWIW: I saw a video showing a TCL Android tv responding to a universal remote with numeric keys. I.e., the TCL Android tv doesn't come with a numeric remote. But, the tv/software will operate on such a remote if you buy one. (I've got a URC-7880 programmable/universal. I'm going to replace one of my regrettable TCL Roku tvs with an Android, and see if it works.

Plus, I want to start getting familiar with Android OS on a TCL. It's been unclear if all the problems we're having are TCL's fault (as Roku often infers), or if it's less problematic with a different OS. Android has years of structuring the hardware/software lines of responsbility. (Roku seems to like it nebulous. To this day, nobody knows who's responsible for testing updates before they're released, or if they're even being tested.). Android lets you turn off updates, and install a prior version. (Roku ignores customers asking for that.).

So, your mention of the numeric keypad caught my eye. If you're to the point you can't use your tv anymore, the TCL Android looks much (much) friendlier. I plan to do one next month.

If you're really tired of Roku's treatment of (disregard for) its customers, you can factory reset but tell it you'll setup internet later (but don't!). This will give you an antenna tv interface which looks a lot more like what the tv came with (before Roku broke it). You get favorites again. Continuous channel changing works again. And, (bonus points) you're protected from any further untested updates from a company doesn't feel ANY responsibility to its customers. I'm calling it #CutTheCord2.0. (It seems appropriate. People were leaving Comcast for treating customers like this.).

I posted more info about what I did to cut the cord from Roku. It's just an option. It has its upsides and downsides. I felt the upsides outweighed the down. Frankly, I don't want to be in a toxic relationship like Roku expects customers to be in. When I saw my antenna tv interface was much improved: it was a no-brainer to cut the cord. Go back to a more modular investment in equipment. The "jack of all trades" tv looks nice until you realize it's a master of none, and could break with the next update.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ChuckV
Reel Rookie

Re: No data available for local channels

Jump to solution

Ditto!!!! no data

0 Kudos
BMW102974
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same issue for both of my Hisense Roku TVs. No information on the local channel guide, but streaming guide has no issues. Worked fine until yesterday sometime. Now, we're all having the issue? Definitely a glitch on Roku's part that they aren't addressing. 

kbuster2

Jump to solution

Same here in Ohio. Nothing I've tried gets the live tv program data back. I guess we just need to wait for their fix. Our TV hasn't had a system update since December 17th.