Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HUMANTORCH50
Level 7

TLC Roku tv making high pitched sound

Jump to solution

I recently got a TLC 40 inch Roku tv for Christmas. I have set it up but I can hear this high pitch sound coming from the tv when I’m watching movies or playing a game and I don’t know how to fix it. I have tried unplugging, restarting it, and even tried switching the audio settings but it does nothing. So I don’t think it is coming from the speakers. But I don’t know how to fix it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: TLC Roku tv making high pitched sound

Jump to solution

@HUMANTORCH50 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@HUMANTORCH50 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
signal34
Level 7

Jump to solution

Has to do with the input panel.  I had the same thing happen on my 75R615.  They had to swap the mainboard out.

But be careful!  The board they swapped for me was inferior to the original one.  My picture when I bought the TV was outstanding; now, it is blurry with lots of motion artifacts, and the blacks are so deep that I have to turn brightness and contrast all the way to 100% just to see the picture, which washes almost everything else out when it goes from a dark scene to light.  I wish I had taken a note of the board part number before the swap to compare.

I just put in another request for them to swap this board out.

KGreene
Level 7

Jump to solution

I hit the RESET BUTTON at the top, right above the cable connections on the side. Went through the setup instructions.  No more high pitch noise.

gaflaxm
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same issue, with my 75" 6series I just purchased, it occurs when I first turn on the TV.

0 Kudos
asdf1234
Level 7

Jump to solution

Try turning the brightness on the TV down. I just bought an 8-series that had the same problem. The brightness level is set to the brightest by default. I turned it down and the high pitched, buzzing noise stopped.  

0 Kudos
Deek
Level 7

Jump to solution

Update: The squealing I was getting  was actually coming from my cable settings and playing over the speakers on the TV. So i turned off Dolby sound settings through my cable box and that stopped the loud squeal.

GM559
Level 9

Jump to solution

@signal34 wrote:

Has to do with the input panel.  I had the same thing happen on my 75R615.  They had to swap the mainboard out.

But be careful!  The board they swapped for me was inferior to the original one.  My picture when I bought the TV was outstanding; now, it is blurry with lots of motion artifacts, and the blacks are so deep that I have to turn brightness and contrast all the way to 100% just to see the picture, which washes almost everything else out when it goes from a dark scene to light.  I wish I had taken a note of the board part number before the swap to compare.

I just put in another request for them to swap this board out.

I think this may be the problem with my 75S535.

0 Kudos